4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

attn supercharged stangs!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:59 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: attn supercharged stangs!!

if i was to go with a centri. i was thinking about it and wanted to do it at first. but then i decided on to buy my gf a rock for her finger so a sc is outta the question. i would go with a procharger. very nice, loud, and it is all self contained. i didnt understand what self contained is untill now. self contained (pro charger) doesnt need any oil lines runnning into the oil pan like the vortech systems, and i belive the novi's. the procharger comes with a seringe and you suck the oil out of the charger and put the new oil in. i thought was an awsome idea and loved that feture. but i would choose the procharger p1-sc or the d-1
Old 02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

novi is not sc, and the sc sounds good on paper - but its not very practical is some ways... but better in others... its a toss up, but I like one easyoil change
Old 02-18-2007, 08:55 PM
^iLLuSiOn^
2nd Gear Member

i have a 97 convertible with a vortech with a vortech S trim and i have a 2001 gt with a procharger.... the procharger has self contained oil and a vortech doesnt so you have to tap into your oil pan.. another good thing about the procharger is it comes with an intercooler..... i have no negative comments about either so its all about how much you want to spend
Old 02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

with a 4-5k budget you'll have to find a used unit, depending on how much other stuff you want. ie gauges, boost pipe, intercooler, smaller pulley, TB/plenum etc etc. right now i think im at about $6500 everything being new, but then again im going all out minus a forged block
Old 02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
mustanglee
1st Gear Member

I have a procharger that I picked up at RPM OUTLET for around 4gs. It came with injectors, intercooler, fuel pump and SCT tuner. With your other mods you should be screaming.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 AM
piledriver
Banned

I went with the Novi 2000 on my '03 Vert, with all my mods I run low to mid 12's.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:05 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Bottom line is that the vortech and procharger are equally matched when it comes to power. So the question you need to ask yourself is do you want to tap into your oil pan and how noticable do you want your blower to be. The vortech sq is nearly undetectable. They are very very very quiet when the procharger is very noticable. These are the only reasons I went with procharger.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

I am like SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of these threads.. Do a search for 'supercharger' and see what you come up with..
Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 PM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

Whatever you do, get it done BEFORE you get here to Tallahassee. I trust NOONE here yet. I havebn't heard of 1 good place in town to get serious work done.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

I have most the mod's done that you want and some more the procharger is great one thing is it is very noisy just got the comp 3 cams installed and unless you are standing behind the car can't hear the exhaust.I have had them check the charger and the say i got the loudest one the ford dealer has ever installed..I have only 9 PSI boost with 39lbs inj.,seeda motion plates, ceramic headers, x-crossovers,mufflers. 4:10 gears, custom mustang dynotuned. best h.p. @ 3300 ft above sea level 375hp to the rear wheels. with the cams hp412rwhp but this with the smaller torque converter tci and the stage 3 camshaft. the torque convertertci 3000 stall is the coolest mod beside the procharger. I have not had it on the track as the car is only built in September. with the new ford warranty on the kenny bell it may be a good choice if you want to keep factory warranty in place. I have warranty with the dealership that built my car.

Quick Reply: attn supercharged stangs!!