4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

attn supercharged stangs!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:22 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

Default attn supercharged stangs!!

ok, ive been wanting to supercharge my stang since the day i got it and now that the funds are available...i need help on deciding what kind of blower. i REALLY want a KB but in all reality its just not my best choice. so now ive turned to centri's. ive done a lil bit of research but i want to hear what you guys have to say from 1st hand experience. for now, my stang is my daily driver so reliability is key. when i get the blower put on my mods will be slp lm1's, mac o/r prochamber, 4.10's (i have a 2003AUTO GT), and some H&R springs(more than likely). i know im not gonna have the fastest stang but i wanna be able to compete with cobras some corvettes. im gonna be moving to tallahassee for school so this is gonna be done b4 hand. what charger do you guys have and what kind of numbers are you seeing?? id like to see what chargers have the most reliability and at the same time have optimum performance as well. i know my questions are somewhat vague but if you pick up on where im going with this please throw me your .02 id appreciate it.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:24 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: attn supercharged stangs!!

basically what im tryin to see is if prochargers are better than vortechs or vice versa (any brand of centri's)
Old 02-18-2007, 05:41 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

bump
Old 02-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

novi 2000 or vortech v2sq

what is your budget?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

im lookin to spend anywhere from 4-5k but that could change depending on my needs and likes. keep in mind im a college student and my first choice was to buy a KB but thats just too much cash to spend when i could spend the same on a centri and get even better numbers . when i get the blower im also lookin to get cams pullies a good intercooler...u know the works. im lookin to get a good kit like the mongoose (ive read some pretty good things about it on this forum) im not really attatched to a set budget...my most important concerns are reliabilty and performance. i hope that helps
Old 02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shawn02GT

novi 2000 or vortech v2sq

what is your budget?
these are the 2blowers that are at the top of my list. a lot of guys on here have them and love them. ive heard great things about both...but not too mnay downfalls for either one of them.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:03 PM
gtpcoupe
2nd Gear Member

im not supercharged nor do i have an automatic, but i might see a problem with your auto tranny being able to take the full brunt of a blower, so you might be wise to get a blower that wouldnt exceed the limit on your tranny, now it may take it for a bit but in daily driven situations it might wear on the tranny, so i would think that a centri would be a better choice for the trannies sake b/c they make max boost high in the rpm as apposed to a KB that has no lag and with slicks would probley tear the crap outta ur tranny outta the hole, but i may be wrong but ive never seen any stock automatics cable of taking a large amount of boost.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 02-18-2007, 06:03 PM
DarkSoul
1st Gear Member

Pro Charger would be my choice
Old 02-18-2007, 06:33 PM
gill7784
2nd Gear Member

I love my KB 1.7, but I really like the Pro Charger. Dunno why... I just think it's sexy as hell.

If you want a KB, why not save for a couple months and get exactly what you want the first time? Better to wait and be satisfied than come up longing for somthing else later.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

well I have a v2sq, bc I bought it new for 1750.. I like prochargers - although the vortech is the same performance wise, the vortech is a little more practical. Vortech as a major list of products - so I know theyre good . Not knocking anything just saying. The novi 2000 is a great blower - but you wont get the same numbers out of it - as you would a p1sc or v2sq - the novi shines at higher boost and built motor level. The v2 is the best all around - price, performance, DD maintaince requirements, but the p1sc sounds better. You can get a new v2sq for about 2600 all day long from dealers or cheaper on the forums/ add 1000-1500 with of intercooler and goodies - and you have a nice 400rwhp safe and sweet s/c setup that will caryy you to about 500 rwhp once you build the motor - then slap onsome juice and your good to go with the big boys.

Quick Reply: attn supercharged stangs!!