4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WHAT to do first?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 03:20 PM
1{}D{}{V}{}DGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT to do first?

thats the same set up i have on my 98 gt magnaflows bassani xpipe and steeda short throw and gears i would recomend those to u
Old 10-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Shifter, catback...
Old 10-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Get a cat back and a flash tuner.
You can always flash back in the factory tune when you get it serviced and then switch back when it's done.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, Its the dealership that decides to throw youre car back in the service line if "we" see something wrong with it. I am a tech, and i enjoy tuning my Mustang. So i know what its like when you have a problem and you have bolt ons. AND yes we can decline warranty work if you have simple bolt ons. But when you could take it else where and they could be ok with it. It all depends on youre warranty claim rate. If all you do it waranty work all day long then you have alot of claims for ford to worry about. Some they end up bouncing anyways and the dealership pays. But if one of youre "mods" affects a part. then you wont make it. Thats why i like it when the service manager stays out of it. If i bring in a modded Mustang, or Supra ( i work on ford/toyota) and a part fails because you have a mod done. then i will be cool about it. And just order a part and go with it. When the service manager gets involved, it gets hairy. Just wondering where you bought youre orange Gt. Because there is a brand new orange gt running around here with 20 day plates.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:09 PM
1{}D{}{V}{}DGT
2nd Gear Member

jsut mod the hell outta it and dont worry about the warranty
Old 10-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Master
3rd Gear Member

first exhaust, then gears and tires.... thats where i found my best gains from that was worth the bang for my buck
Old 10-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Diablosport
Former Sponsor

Cat back exhaust x-pipe and diablosport predator
with the predator you gain some good power and if you change your gears you just tune it to your gear size[sm=smiley20.gif]
and if you can't find a good price on it call mustangs r us they'll beat any price ( 787-406-3577 )
Old 10-29-2004, 09:16 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

Yeah, Its the dealership that decides to throw youre car back in the service line if "we" see something wrong with it. I am a tech, and i enjoy tuning my Mustang. So i know what its like when you have a problem and you have bolt ons. AND yes we can decline warranty work if you have simple bolt ons. But when you could take it else where and they could be ok with it. It all depends on youre warranty claim rate. If all you do it waranty work all day long then you have alot of claims for ford to worry about. Some they end up bouncing anyways and the dealership pays. But if one of youre "mods" affects a part. then you wont make it. Thats why i like it when the service manager stays out of it. If i bring in a modded Mustang, or Supra ( i work on ford/toyota) and a part fails because you have a mod done. then i will be cool about it. And just order a part and go with it. When the service manager gets involved, it gets hairy. Just wondering where you bought youre orange Gt. Because there is a brand new orange gt running around here with 20 day plates.
what could they blame on a new cat-back as far as warranty work goes? i don't imagine it could be linked to many parts other than your cats and x.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:10 PM
04OrangeGT
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the answers, I have the oppurtunity to purchase a Diablosport Chip not programmer. What do you think?
Old 10-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

who is gonna program the chip. You want something for YOUR vehicle and driving style. If you change your gears, a generic chip wont work (unless you get the Gear Ratio Adjuster kit from ford for $100). Predator is definitely a more flexable option and I've seen them go for $320 on ebay (brand new and they include a program in them for your vehicle)