Lowering car soon- Have some ????`s - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Reload this Page >

Lowering car soon- Have some ????`s

Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lowering car soon- Have some ????`s

Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default Lowering car soon- Have some ????`s

I need to know what springs and shocks to get. I really don`t want to goo too low and don`t want the car to ride $hitty. I would like to avoid getting caster camber plates if I can.I`m not gonna do the control arms yet, maybe never but not sure at this point. I know i`m gonna need an alignment but is that all after they are installed? Will I have any problem with the pinion angle or anything? I read somewhere where there is a possibility the rear end may make noise and need some adjustments. All help on this would be great. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Default RE: Lowering car soon- Have some ????`s

I have a saleen suspension kit (obviously!) and it drops about an inch and a half. The handling on it is great and everyone who has driven my car has commented on how good the suspension feels.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

get some h&r or eibach springs and some tokico d spec adj s\s and you should be set. as long as you dont go lower than 2 you shouldnt need cc plates. anything else you need to know is in here...https://mustangforums.com/m_617202/tm.htm
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

I need to know what springs and shocks to get. I really don`t want to goo too low and don`t want the car to ride $hitty. I would like to avoid getting caster camber plates if I can.I`m not gonna do the control arms yet, maybe never but not sure at this point. I know i`m gonna need an alignment but is that all after they are installed? Will I have any problem with the pinion angle or anything? I read somewhere where there is a possibility the rear end may make noise and need some adjustments. All help on this would be great. Thanks.
i changed mine with 1.25 front and .78 back.. ford springs.........front sat lower and caused tire spin.. i took spring isolators and c/abootsoff back springs now car sits even but i get alotta noise back there.......overall i like the ford springs.. not too much of a drop... i don't need CC plates i got alignment but it didn't even change.............i would get C/A's while your at it.... $160 for granatellis on ebay......other then that i won't answer other Q's beucase i don't know
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Roush suspension system is about as good as it gets, however for straight drag their are better options - but roush is best all around by FAR.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99gtstang

ORIGINAL: sprostang

i changed mine with 1.25 front and .78 back.. ford springs.........front sat lower and caused tire spin.. i took spring isolators and c/abootsoff back springs now car sits even but i get alotta noise back there.......overall i like the ford springs.. not too much of a drop... i don't need CC plates i got alignment but it didn't even change.............i would get C/A's while your at it.... $160 for granatellis on ebay......other then that i won't answer other Q's beucase i don't know
if you take the insulators off your going to have some noise.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 AM
^iLLuSiOn^
2nd Gear Member

i have tokico suspension kit in my 97 gt and im putting it in my 2001.... shocks struts and springs lowers it like 1.25, i had eibach in my fox body and i couldnt be any happier with tokico... definetly my favorite
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Thanks guys.