4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

In Dash DVD Player

Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: In Dash DVD Player

ORIGINAL: 99 GT vert

does anyone have any pics of one in a 99 were the radio and cd player are seperate
stangman94s pic above ^
Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman94

here mine I got rid of it I didnt like how it blocked my ac ***** it was a pita to adjust *****
do you have to any more pics were it is a little farther back
Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

Okay guys, I need some help again.

I was talking to a guy about getting my In-Dash DVD player (single dinn) installed and he said that he was worried about it the stereo sitting farther back than in other vehicles so when the screen pops up it will hit the dash and be sitting at an angle. I've seen you guy's pics where the screen comes up and blocks the *****. How did you get it to come out enough for the screen to come up? Did you use a special kit (if so where can I purchase it ) or did you use brackets to bring the kit out a little farther so it would sit flush with sides?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

mine is on a slight angle and its sitting on the *****. its not on so much of an angle where i cant see it but its not totally straight up. i dont think you will be able to get it straight up in a mustang.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

If you set it sticking out a slight bit it will every so slightly hit the climate control ****..nothing serious especially if you have a tilt function.

I bought the Jensen and there was a botton sequence you entered that disabled the parking brake.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

If you set it sticking out a slight bit it will every so slightly hit the climate control ****..nothing serious especially if you have a tilt function.

I bought the Jensen and there was a botton sequence you entered that disabled the parking brake.
yup i did the parking brake sequence too. and i just keep hitting the tilt back until it taps the *****. it just stays there after that. i never usually use my ***** anways, especially in the summer i just put down the windows. winter i just leave the hit on low and never touch it.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wwmost

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

yup i did the parking brake sequence too. and i just keep hitting the tilt back until it taps the *****. it just stays there after that. i never usually use my ***** anways, especially in the summer i just put down the windows. winter i just leave the hit on low and never touch it.
Exactly. You don't need to hit those **** that much and you can squeeze your hand in there anyway. I barely open the DVD though...I bought it "for show" I guess because I almost never use the screen[&:]
Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

So you're saying it won't be possible to get the screen to stand up straight in the mustang??
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

no it wont, mine wont go up all the way but you can still see it very good!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SoulBurn18

So you're saying it won't be possible to get the screen to stand up straight in the mustang??
Of course you can. When mines comes up it barely hits the climate control. With one slight tilt foward(nothing noticable at all) you don't hit the buttons

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In Dash DVD Player