4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Saleen Series IV supercharger questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Yellow Fever
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Series IV supercharger questions

It whines a little.Sounds nice.I used an NGK plug.But I can't remember the number.It was a 6(?) something.I didn't upgrade my pump.As Saleen said it wasn't needed.But I did have KB boost a pump installed just in case.If I wanted to hit the 500+ hp range.Then I would have to buy a Cobra pump and tank.I could have had a more aggresive tune done to increase the hp.But I don't want to do any work to the bottom end.Sean Hyland say's that the stock bottom end is good for close to 500hp.But I don't want to push my luck...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

Yellow fever - do you have a pic of your engine with the Saleen installed?
You didn't get Saleen to reflash? Why not?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:55 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

If you get a saleen supercharger dont you have to reflash the computer or can you use a sct to set everything up.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DTK

ORIGINAL: Yellow Fever

Why what ?
Mylong was saying to get a centri and I was asking why?

Anyway, does the Saleen make a noticable whine like the KB?
What kind of plugs did you use? Did you upgrade your fuel pump?
I ALMOST got me a Saleen Series IV...... I'm glad I didn't.... You get MUCH MORE bang for your buck going with a Centri..... But its just my opinion..... Go with what you feel is BEST for you.....

Sorry I was so blunt..... I was doing a quick post on my lunch break!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:12 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Why what ?

I ALMOST got me a Saleen Series IV...... I'm glad I didn't.... You get MUCH MORE bang for your buck going with a Centri..... But its just my opinion..... Go with what you feel is BEST for you.....

No problem Mylong.
I have read up on the centri's alot on this forum (not seen alot on the twin screw).
Because my car is just a garage queen (not a DD)and it won't be drag raced, I figured that I would enjoy a twin screw better with the "down low" torque.
From what I have read the centri provides it at higher rpm's and is better suited to dragging versus a twin screw which is better suited to "normal" driving with a little punch every now and then when the ******** in the Celica wants to play.

Just checking to see what the vibe is here on the Saleen 'cause I can get a wicked deal from Underground Mustang on one now.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Why what ?

No problem Mylong.
I have read up on the centri's alot on this forum (not seen alot on the twin screw).
Because my car is just a garage queen (not a DD)and it won't be drag raced, I figured that I would enjoy a twin screw better with the "down low" torque.
From what I have read the centri provides it at higher rpm's and is better suited to dragging versus a twin screw which is better suited to "normal" driving with a little punch every now and then when the ******** in the Celica wants to play.

Just checking to see what the vibe is here on the Saleen 'cause I can get a wicked deal from Underground Mustang on one now.

I know I saw! Its not a bad deal! If you would like.... here are my recommendations from my research....

The stock air intake for the Saleen blower is VERY restrictive! Mate it with a JLT CAI to increase air flow and give you a few extra ponies! There may be some fabrication and cutting that has to be done, but I've seen it done! Swap out for a 2.8 pulley for increased boost! And increase your fuel injectors to 42lbs and get a good tune for the MOST outta that blower. Its a decent blower but it was designed to work really well on the stock motor... The HIGHEST RWHP I've heard was around 445rwhp from these Series 4 Saleens..... But me.... I've only personally seen 400rwhp, and that was a Texas Hot Rods... one of the locals had a Saleen Blower for his 02 orginial Saleen.

PM if your still intrested in some hints and tips.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

I thought about also getting this blower once money isnt so tight.