4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

VERY VERY LONG TWO DAYS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:59 AM
mex69
2nd Gear Member

Default VERY VERY LONG TWO DAYS!!

ok well me and my friend have been trying to put headers into my car since 5pm yesterday. and we got the passenger side on but the drivers siide is a BEOTCH!!! we couldnt get it anywere even close to being in adn we had the car on jack stands reallly high and nothing... no were even close to being put it and im sick with it. so tomorro or saturday im taking it to SSP. in prosper tx to have him jus jack up the car and BAM put the header on pay and be on my wayy... word of the wise dont install longtubes urself
Old 02-23-2007, 02:03 AM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: VERY VERY LONG TWO DAYS!!

you have to tkae the kmember off or jack the motor up off the mounts some......
Old 02-23-2007, 02:03 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

keep playin with it eventually u will get it thats the same thing that happened to me took three 5 hr days for my mid pipe and lt's
Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sitnlopro99gt

you have to tkae the kmember off or jack the motor up off the mounts some......
+1
Old 02-23-2007, 02:07 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

first time i did long tubes.. took me and a friend about 10 hours... second time i did it on a friends car and it took us 8 hours... third time... well, the headers are sitting in my garage right now waiting to go back on. lol
Old 02-23-2007, 02:12 AM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

Thats odd, if youre talking about Long tubes since they are the hardest to install, the driver side headers are the easy ones to put in. I did this about 1 month ago and my car is an automatic which is even tighter. Did you remove the steering shaft from the rack&pinion? Loosened the bottommotormount nutcompletely from the driver side and only a bit from passenger side then raise the engine so it lifts mostly from driver side, giving you more room? I did this and header went in easy from the bottom. My passenger side was alot harder, had to grab a piece of wood and smack it in with a hammer from the top, prying the header and praying it didnt crack. But got them both in and only reason it took me two days was cause one ofthe threads on the passenger side header got stripped at the start of the thread and this was on the bottom rear bolt which is the hardest to get to, I had to loosen my K-member on the passenger side and drop it down some while keeping the engine jacked up so I could have room to play with the bolt till I finally got it to screw in, think I spent about 6 hours on that bolt alone but the rest was hard but do-able. Well good luck with whatever you do.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 AM
mex69
2nd Gear Member

yea we decided against dropping the kmember and we jus took of the side we were working on motor mounts and we jus loosened up the other side and we jacked it up and nothing at all we got hte passenger side header on with ease. i keep gettin mixed oppinions about wich side is easiest. at first all i heard was passenger was was easiest then when today i was searching online all i got was drivers side was hardest.. so idk maybe saturday i may jack it back up and see what in the hell is wrong with it.. do i absolutely ahve to take off the kmember because it seems like abunch of work for it.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:03 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

I paid to have mine done!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:08 AM
mex69
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

I paid to have mine done!
yea if i could go back and do it all over. i woulda paid for mine... 1 question im not gonna have a catback system on my car for a lil bit will this hurt my car in anyway or willl it be ok. its jus gonna go through the longtubes through the prochamber. and thats it.. do i absoulutely have to have a catback system
Old 02-23-2007, 03:09 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

i almost lost a friend during my header install!

Quick Reply: VERY VERY LONG TWO DAYS!!