4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Think I might go with dumps

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Think I might go with dumps

ZW- it must have been you I was thinking of.

Even if they could match it, I have a really hard time spending money on visual mods for the car... even spending money on the wheels hurt ( I always have that thought... I could just leave it stock looking and spend more on performance).

The shops around here RAPE ya on paint anyway, I think I am just gonna order some dumps and try hanging the tips with the stock hangers. If that don't work, I can always fab something up at work and bolt it onto the car.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
redstanger
3rd Gear Member

fuel you talking about that d-bag with the silver mustang in norfolk? He has like turn downs right b4 the v-6 bumper. turn downs makes a car louder than **** if turned down b4 the rearend. idk about all you but i like be able to here someone talking to me in the passenger seat. plus likeputting subs in a car, it will make everything vibrate. gay i wouldnt do it.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redstanger

fuel you talking about that d-bag with the silver mustang in norfolk? He has like turn downs right b4 the v-6 bumper. turn downs makes a car louder than **** if turned down b4 the rearend. idk about all you but i like be able to here someone talking to me in the passenger seat. plus likeputting subs in a car, it will make everything vibrate. gay i wouldnt do it.
I didn't mess with it that long but it didn't seem THAT bad in the car. I think I am gonna have to just pull the tailpipes off again sometime and go for a drive. I definatly don't want it ungodly loud at cruising (thats why I got magnaflows) but man did that idle sound freaking sweet!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:35 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

im selling a v6 bumper
Old 02-25-2007, 03:26 PM
GregoryA44
4th Gear Member

pm me if you want it
Old 02-25-2007, 03:32 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Here's a pic of mine with the cut-outs empty. I never had anyone even mention how it looked.[8D]BTW the3 cars in the pic are all different Ford reds. From the left they are Rio red, Torch red and mine is Performance red. Pretty cool seeing them all side by side
Old 02-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Obituaries
2nd Gear Member

I think it looks good in that picture JayC. Actually a pretty clean look. Unless tailpipes are damn near flush to the bumper cut outs I think they look pretty crappy anyways so do em right or cut em off.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obituaries

I think it looks good in that picture JayC. Actually a pretty clean look. Unless tailpipes are damn near flush to the bumper cut outs I think they look pretty crappy anyways so do em right or cut em off.
Thanks!I like the length of the tips on the car in the middle myself.But for now I'm lovin' the Spintech Pro Street dumps[8D]
Old 02-26-2007, 09:13 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Having 2 holes in the rear bumper that are made for exaust pipes, and not having said exaust pipes showing is GHETTO! However, having FAKE tips there that serve no purpose at all is even worse! Mabey it is my show car roots that make me cynicall to looks, but IMOP anything worth doing is worth doing RIGHT! A GOOD paint shop that does custom paint should be able to match the paint for a couple hundred bucks... you want the cut off exaust for the sound, but you dont care about the looks? If you leave the tips there, on a cold day with the exaust smoke commin from under the car not the tips will look silly! Like you have one big exaust leak!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I really am not a fan of the dumps. I have them right now and I'm going to bend up some piping to go over the axle to at least get some of the noise away from me. I get's really annoying driving down the freeway. I can't even hear the radio.

Quick Reply: Think I might go with dumps