4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New track times

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:01 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New track times

yea i know and i would have some but everybody that was supposed to go with me tonight bailed. Its was a big kuhmo tire event, STREET WARRIORZ.bikini contest, burnout contest, best and worst looking cars. O and the 12,000 hp rocket car. That was BAD! ! ! they called it Super Mario, it set the land speed record at like 42X mph. twin jet powered fire truck. [sm=rant.gif]

If i go again next weekend i'll be sure to take a video camera. But its still so irritating, i figured i would see an improvement somewhere but every number is significantly lower than when i was N/A
Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BadSonicBlue02GT

i couldnt gain traction for nothin and the track not exactly sticky either. i get better traction on the street. I could literally slip out at like 1800 and break loose. it sucked bad! one time i spun straight thru 1st, 2nd, and halfway through third, i didnt gain traction til 70% down the track. the only reason i stayed on it was to see just how long it would take me to catch.

HOW IRRITATING!!!![sm=headbang.gif]
I'm no expert on the 1/8 since I never competed in the 1/8th miles.... But..... From what he is saying above quoted.... Spinning, Spinning, Spinning...... Me I think suspension is a factor.... but also....

Those Nittos...... How long of a burnout did you do? Because they wont grab well without getting them warm and sticky.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

If you had to take a stab at it what would you say the prob might be?

I have:

3.73 gears
NT555R Drag Radials
sport shifter
Long tube Headers
catless x
flows
Novi 1000 with 6 psi
340 hp and 355 tq
Old 02-25-2007, 03:05 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

i couldnt gain traction for nothin and the track not exactly sticky either. i get better traction on the street. I could literally slip out at like 1800 and break loose. it sucked bad! one time i spun straight thru 1st, 2nd, and halfway through third, i didnt gain traction til 70% down the track. the only reason i stayed on it was to see just how long it would take me to catch.

I'm no expert on the 1/8 since I never competed in the 1/8th miles.... But..... From what he is saying above quoted.... Spinning, Spinning, Spinning...... Me I think suspension is a factor.... but also....

Those Nittos...... How long of a burnout did you do? Because they wont grab well without getting them warm and sticky.
Vic, look at his mph...if just spinning the tires was the main problem...his mph would be much higher.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:06 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

I dont like to burn them out too much cuz they are also my street tire but i did enough to have rubber on my side fender
Old 02-25-2007, 03:07 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

my car definitely feels like its makin alot better power but, it just wont mph. could it be because i am pedaling it tryin to make it hook?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:10 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Well i just got back from the track for the first time since i installed my blower. and i have to say. . . I'm very dissapointed, before i installed the novi my best run was an 8.66 @ 82 mph, tonight out of 5 runs my best was an 8.89 @ 80.00 mph, and a 2.3 60', apparently pulling the sway bar and having a set of nittos does nothing after a blower install, it worked good before, not now!

It's your driving just keep practicing. Stock suspension and nitto's my avg 60's are mid 1.8's. Lots of feathering the clutch.... clutch doesnt really like that though.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:13 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

it may be a lil bit of my driving but something is still off. somethin just isnt right
Old 02-25-2007, 03:15 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

+1 Fix the driving. Modulate the throttle and clutch to minimize spinning and you'll see a big improvement in your ET and MPH.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:16 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

it may be a lil bit of my driving but something is still off. somethin just isnt right

2.3x sixtys have a lot to do with it. i mean you're already a half second off pace of what you could be at. I know I dont get complete traction till about 40 mph; and trap speed really varies if you spin. Spin a little it goes up... spin uncontrollably in the 1/8 itll definatly hurt.

Post up your entire slip i'll compare it with mine see where you're losing time.

Quick Reply: New track times