4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

For those of you who dropped your ride....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:29 PM
5speed
2nd Gear Member

Default For those of you who dropped your ride....

A few questions....How much better is the handling? How much did you drop it? What springs did you go with? Did you replace your struts? Do you scrap when you go over speed bumps? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:31 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: For those of you who dropped your ride....

i luv my drop....handles so much better...i have the pro kit.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speed

A few questions....How much better is the handling? How much did you drop it? What springs did you go with? Did you replace your struts? Do you scrap when you go over speed bumps? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
The handling is a lot nicer...lower center of gravity, love the ride. I dropped mine about 4" with coilover setup and replaced struts and shocks when doing so as well as got c/c plates etc with a good alignment. Slp cats love to hanglow and IF I am stuck having to go over a speedbump yeah she likes to scrap....just gotta drive really slow and avoid them as much as possible. How much you looking to drop?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

guy before me gave it 1.5" with eibachs, which i have no complaints about myself. Speed bumps arnt really a concern, you learn to avoid as many as possible and you get really used to angling over those you can't avoid
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM
5speed
2nd Gear Member

I was looking in the Eibach pro-kit, which is supposed to give 1.1" in the front and 1.4" in the back. Will my stock struts be ok or do I need to upgrade? I have speedbumps in my condo complex, so I really can't avoid them.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ford C springs and kyb agx s/s

steep driveways are a bitch, there's one or two in town that I avoid, but anyone without an suv would scrap on those... big speed bumps are bad news, mostly because of the catted xpipe, stock midpipe would probably be fine. handling was improved quite a bit. ride quality isn't really any worse, it was already bad anyway.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:47 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sitnlopro99gt

A few questions....How much better is the handling? How much did you drop it? What springs did you go with? Did you replace your struts? Do youSCRAP when you go over speed bumps? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
The handling is a lot nicer...lower center of gravity, love the ride. I dropped mine about 4" with coilover setup and replaced struts and shocks when doing so as well as got c/c plates etc with a good alignment. Slp cats love to hanglow and IF I am stuck having to go over a speedbump yeah she likes to SCRAP....just gotta drive really slow and avoid them as much as possible. How much you looking to drop?
SCRAP has an E at the end called SCRAPE!!! Scrap is something I feed to my dogs and sell to the junk yards.....lol

Get new struts/shocks if you want to do it right! Also highly reccomend C/C plates and bump steer kitwith an alignment. You'll be very happy! I hate the Eibach kits as they sag the rear too much. I went with the Roush set-up. It has less drop in the rear for more aggressive stance and easier on the bumps(notorious for stangs to bang with lowered rear)
Old 02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

ORIGINAL: sitnlopro99gt

A few questions....How much better is the handling? How much did you drop it? What springs did you go with? Did you replace your struts? Do youSCRAP when you go over speed bumps? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
The handling is a lot nicer...lower center of gravity, love the ride. I dropped mine about 4" with coilover setup and replaced struts and shocks when doing so as well as got c/c plates etc with a good alignment. Slp cats love to hanglow and IF I am stuck having to go over a speedbump yeah she likes to SCRAP....just gotta drive really slow and avoid them as much as possible. How much you looking to drop?
SCRAP has an E at the end called SCRAPE!!! Scrap is something I feed to my dogs and sell to the junk yards.....lol

Get new struts/shocks if you want to do it right! Also highly reccomend C/C plates and bump steer kitwith an alignment. You'll be very happy! I hate the Eibach kits as they sag the rear too much. I went with the Roush set-up. It has less drop in the rear for more aggressive stance and easier on the bumps(notorious for stangs to bang with lowered rear)

ahhhhh its been a long day......*scrape
Old 02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

I was looking in the Eibach pro-kit, which is supposed to give 1.1" in the front and 1.4" in the back. Will my stock struts be ok or do I need to upgrade? I have speedbumps in my condo complex, so I really can't avoid them.
With that little of a drop I wouldn't worry to much about scraping....new struts/shocks will only improve ride but I personally don't think they are necessary...you'll be fine
Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

i bought ford springs.....1.25 front .78 back.. i had to take isolators off to make car sit evenly

would scrap a little down my driveway (gravel)never over bumps........

Quick Reply: For those of you who dropped your ride....