4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

would this be posing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:06 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: would this be posing?

Badging is a big issue for me. Alot Germans will drive 323i BMW's and toss an M badge on it..... Pisses me off
Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03mustgt

Its your car man do want you want with it. I dont have a problem with people making "fobras"! Go for it.
Allright!!!! Finally someone who thinks "Fobras" are cool! I was in the same boat as the rest of you fine folks, I always believed makin clones was no bueno, but I bought my car cause it looked good, I had 2 choices.... replace all the emblems and the rear bumper... or continue the look... I couldnt keep it the way it was... I had to choose Cobra clone yes... or Cobra clone no, no imbetween.I chose Cobra clone yes... and am faaaar too into the conversion to go back now! I have already replaced the cluster, Steering wheel air bag, and I have the taillights on the way, only thing I have left to make it IMPOSSIBLE to tell without popping the hood, is the hood! (aside from the IRS, which I would **** can anyways even if it were a Cobra), and the wheels are Cobra R's... but people change wheels... eventually I am getting new rims... some sort of Deep Dish for the rear, 03/04 cobras would be perfect if they ever make them. So yea... I got a Fobra... but when I got the power to match who gives a flyin ***?

Enough about my car.... I think goin with the hood, rear decklid, front bumper etc. is a fine idea... no one can really say you are a clone unless you get the badges to go with it! I think that filled in rear bumper in the post a few aboveis absolutley sexy!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SmallFeesh

ORIGINAL: 03mustgt

Its your car man do want you want with it. I dont have a problem with people making "fobras"! Go for it.
Allright!!!! Finally someone who thinks "Fobras" are cool! I was in the same boat as the rest of you fine folks, I always believed makin clones was no bueno, but I bought my car cause it looked good, I had 2 choices.... replace all the emblems and the rear bumper... or continue the look... I couldnt keep it the way it was... I had to choose Cobra clone yes... or Cobra clone no, no imbetween.I chose Cobra clone yes... and am faaaar too into the conversion to go back now! I have already replaced the cluster, Steering wheel air bag, and I have the taillights on the way, only thing I have left to make it IMPOSSIBLE to tell without popping the hood, is the hood! (aside from the IRS, which I would **** can anyways even if it were a Cobra), and the wheels are Cobra R's... but people change wheels... eventually I am getting new rims... some sort of Deep Dish for the rear, 03/04 cobras would be perfect if they ever make them. So yea... I got a Fobra... but when I got the power to match who gives a flyin ***?

Enough about my car.... I think goin with the hood, rear decklid, front bumper etc. is a fine idea... no one can really say you are a clone unless you get the badges to go with it! I think that filled in rear bumper in the post a few aboveis absolutley sexy!
...and when you get tired of allit's fakeness and try to trade it in or sell it, you'll get GT money for it. Why not just save all that money and put towards a REAL Cobra? ...or accept having a GT and mod it accordingly. You already have Cobra badges on and aren't even 10% done in the "cloning" process. That is posing defined.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:45 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hyper00

...and when you get tired of allit's fakeness and try to trade it in or sell it, you'll get GT money for it. Why not just save all that money and put towards a REAL Cobra? ...or accept having a GT and mod it accordingly. You already have Cobra badges on and aren't even 10% done in the "cloning" process. That is posing defined.
+1.

I sometimes feel bad that my car looks somewhat like a mach. I can't even imagine putting cobra emblems on my car. I would feel like the biggest tool because I know people would look at my car and think its something its not.

As for the OP. Go ahead. I would love to get a cobra front bumper and rear spoiler but could never justify spending the money. As long as you dont badge the car a cobra then there is nothing wrong.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hyper00
Well I havent actually spent much of any money on it... every part I bought I sold the part replaced on eBay... like I said most of it was already done when I bought it, is well over 90% done appearance wise, only thing left is the hood and wheels, EVERYTHING else appearance wise is consistant with a 99 Cobra, Im getting a cowl hood and some type of aftermarket wheels. As for "saving" the money and putting it towards a Cobra... no.. with what I plan for the Motor I wouldnt want to cut into a Cobra to do it. I don't want to mod this Motor, it can't hold the HPI want. I have had the car for just over a year, paid 12k for it, owe only 4k, I make $1000.00 payments when I can, and at least $500.00 payments. Once paid off I will get a new Daily driver and park this car, once parked I will save up for the Terminator or Shelby500 Motor, whichever comes around for the right price. Heavilly mod it, and drop the ***** in! (as well as tranny, rear end, etc.) As for selling it, yea... if I sold it Id get GT money for it... but then like I said I havent really spent any money on it! If I decide to get rid of her, it will be before any major money is spent on her... right now I have spent less than $500.00 in mods...

Anyways, Im done explaining myself, I like my Fobra! FOBRA FTW!!!!! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

I'd agree and say that as long as you keep the correct badges on its not posing.

Right now I'm looking at '01 cobras and machs; if I end up with the cobra I'm definitely changing the spoiler and rear bumper to terminator parts.