MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   what is the difference between wet and dry shot (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/251086-what-is-the-difference-between-wet-and-dry-shot.html)

shurbsgt 02-26-2007 04:19 PM

what is the difference between wet and dry shot

what is the difference between wet and dry nitrous, and is 150 shot to big for a stock 2v gt and will it harm the motor

samseed101 02-26-2007 04:22 PM

RE: what is the difference between wet and dry shot

w ertshot sprays both fuel and nitrous into the engine. It supplies it's own fuel so that your injectors don't have to work harder. A dry shot only sprays nitrous into the engine. your MAF will detect the increase and will cause your injectors to supply more fuel.

150 is a little bigger than I would feel confortable with, but many people seem to have no problems with it. At that level I would feel much safer with a wet shot so I don't risk pushing the injectors past an 80% duty cycle.

ant02gt 02-26-2007 04:25 PM

i agree, a 150 shot is a little to big. Most people on here will tell you that you can run a 125 shot but that is pushing it.

99lolagt 02-26-2007 04:28 PM

100 shot is all you should do for now. Build the motor and you can go higher.

rob.d 02-26-2007 04:28 PM

dry shot is usally safe than wet any day of the week.

ant02gt 02-26-2007 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: rob.d

Just curious, but what makes it more safe

samseed101 02-26-2007 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: rob.d

That really depends on your situation. If you are running a dry shot and your MAF is screwed up, or if your fuel injectors are running at or close to their maximum duty cycle, then if you run a dry shot you risk running lean. And if you run too lean then you get detonation and your engine goes boom.

Sure, a wet shot can puul up and give you a pretty ugly nitrous backfire... but most of the time that only damages the intake or something along those lines. I'd rather risk the intake than risk engine detonation. But again, it all comes down to how big the shot is and what the current duty cycle of your injectors are.

rob.d 02-26-2007 04:40 PM

Have you ever heard of anyone having a MAF senor going out while making a dry hit. The chance is there but it is very slim. For every MAF senor failure I could give you about a 100 noid failures. Thus making a dry hit safer. Even thought a wet system might be easier to set up a dry is still safe. just my .02

Dan04COBRA 02-26-2007 04:44 PM

A wet shot will more or less guarentee never having a fuel starvation issue, you won't have to rely on your MAF/Injectors to supply the fuel.

Is it needed? No, a properly installed dry shot along with monitoring everything will be just fine.

Bottom line = wet shot is safer. Dry shot is cheaper & perfectly fine as long as you stay hands on and ensure your injectors/maf aren't failing prior to a shot.

rob.d 02-26-2007 04:55 PM

MAF senorfailer is one of those old wise tales that all the wet nos shooters like to talk about. But have probley never seen. A noid failure is 100x more likely to accure than a MAF sensor period. If you are still uncertain talk to guy's who do it for a living like robert at nitrous direct. Very good guy. Bottom line is a dry hit is safer.