4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

thinking about buying a cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:36 AM
jc04m1

Default RE: thinking about buying a cobra

Charge the GT!!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:38 AM
02 GT
4th Gear Member

Go with the Cobra, you'll get a little more hp with mods & stuff because you'll be running a DOHC instead of a SOHC
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 AM
FLMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

i found a 03 cobra on auto trader for $25,000 with 16,XXX miles on it and another for03 $24,000 with 31,XXX miles
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

my insurance went up less then 15$ a month - for the record..

Brand - you are way off in your Cobra pricing man... lol - not "anyone" can get a convert. Cobra for 24k. You are way off in a lot of aspects.

You will make more power with a 4v then a 2v... One thing on this point... how much do you owe on your car? what are you goals? If your goals are less then 500rwhp - I would really just build your car... this is how i'd make my decision...

cost of forged motor, supercharger/turbo/nitrous, tranny, axle, and suspension + car payment = ?
Cost of Cobra + current payoff - sale price for current car = ?

Whichever is less - take that road.

The reason I bought my Cobra was because it'd have cost me more then 4-5k (over the price of the Cobra)to build my 2v to get to where I am right now. Unless money is no object, and you just want a Cobra.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

my insurance went up less then 15$ a month - for the record..

Brand - you are way off in your Cobra pricing man... lol - not "anyone" can get a convert. Cobra for 24k. You are way off in a lot of aspects.

You will make more power with a 4v then a 2v... One thing on this point... how much do you owe on your car? what are you goals? If your goals are less then 500rwhp - I would really just build your car... this is how i'd make my decision...

cost of forged motor, supercharger/turbo/nitrous, tranny, axle, and suspension + car payment = ?
Cost of Cobra + current payoff - sale price for current car = ?

Whichever is less - take that road.

The reason I bought my Cobra was because it'd have cost me more then 4-5k (over the price of the Cobra)to build my 2v to get to where I am right now. Unless money is no object, and you just want a Cobra.
did you eat paint chips as kid? Some people here need to learn how to buy cars - im not trying to be ugly, seriously if your paying that much for these cars your gettin rammed
Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 AM
FLMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

i'd go with the GT. i was thinking about the same thing the other day. i want a cobra but even with a five year loan my payments would be about 400-450 a month. what if something happens, i would have no extra money. i would do the GT. you already have alot done so far. you can take your time building it up when you have the extra money. with the cobra you'll be making big payments and not have very much extra.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Brandasman - you still are a 'tard... Most 03' High milage cobras (40k miles) are still going for 23-25k and people are paying for them. I think you need to be out and about a bit more when it comes to these cars. You can barely touch salvage titles for under 18k...

I still see your FI is "underway"

Talking to you is like watching a retard try to screw a doorknob.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:45 AM
FLMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

oh and like someone else said, imagine the look on a cobra owners face when your gt burns the **** out of him. it'll be so funny i think.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:45 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

yea Im a tard... and your a fuking idiot

Yea you mean u can barely touch under 18 for salvage... you must be "special" or soemthing... I mean its comical how ****in stupid you are

ohh thats right - forgot how your stock cobra is gods gift... , give it a break junior - I could 5 vert cobras with under 20kmiles for 25k a right now, its absolutled absurd the crap you spout out, just bc you paid way too much for your car.... I thought about trading up a year ago and i was going to buy a 03 with 18k miles, wheels, exhaust, pullies for 24,500... and nobody should pay more than 20-22k for coupe cobra...
and im holding off on the install, bc im getting a build package from muscle motors in huntersville NC
Old 02-27-2007, 01:47 AM
FLMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

how much do you have left on your payments

Quick Reply: thinking about buying a cobra