4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

never ending losing battle!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 02:27 PM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

Default never ending losing battle!

Its like i fix one of the problems with my can and another one jus comes up the same day. so i get my wheel berring in yesterday, but while im driving to get the part i notice a clicking when im jus rollin to a stop, at first i thought it was brakes, but then i coasted real slow and could still hear the clicking, this is driving me insane. Does anyone else have this streak of never ending problems?! o and now my freaking car squeaks wen u turn the wheel, im guessin thats jus a tie rod, but just the fact!! but any help on the clicking would be much appreciated
Old 10-30-2004, 02:31 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: never ending losing battle!

ORIGINAL: stonemonk9

Its like i fix one of the problems with my can and another one jus comes up the same day. so i get my wheel berring in yesterday, but while im driving to get the part i notice a clicking when im jus rollin to a stop, at first i thought it was brakes, but then i coasted real slow and could still hear the clicking, this is driving me insane. Does anyone else have this streak of never ending problems?! o and now my freaking car squeaks wen u turn the wheel, im guessin thats jus a tie rod, but just the fact!! but any help on the clicking would be much appreciated

Yeah... I hate it when my "can" does that also. lol I feel you though.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:43 PM
SonicStang04GT

Hah, you think that's bad...lol, I got my new car on Monday, my brand new Sonic Blue '04 GT, and it was in the shop less than two days later with a serious problem, so I definitely know what you mean. Before this, I had a '98 convertible, 6-cyl, and it had problems practically everyday after it hit like 80k miles. With my new one, there were only 300 miles on it before I had a problem with my power steering. I noticed my car would whine a lot when i would downshift and press on the brakes or turn, and on my way to my friend's house to have him check it out, my power steering went out completely and I almost hit a car because my wheel was completely locked up. Luckily, everything is under warranty, but now I am wondering if I should have bought the extended warranty for like 75k miles....hmm.... Well, good luck with fixing your car, it probably is just the tie rod, i had that problem with my old stang too. Bye

[IMG]local://upfiles/10041/8431152483984486B64B75DEB419D1FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

I feel you though.
Dude????????
Old 10-30-2004, 04:10 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: SonicStang04GT

Hah, you think that's bad...lol, I got my new car on Monday, my brand new Sonic Blue '04 GT, and it was in the shop less than two days later with a serious problem, so I definitely know what you mean. Before this, I had a '98 convertible, 6-cyl, and it had problems practically everyday after it hit like 80k miles. With my new one, there were only 300 miles on it before I had a problem with my power steering. I noticed my car would whine a lot when i would downshift and press on the brakes or turn, and on my way to my friend's house to have him check it out, my power steering went out completely and I almost hit a car because my wheel was completely locked up. Luckily, everything is under warranty, but now I am wondering if I should have bought the extended warranty for like 75k miles....hmm.... Well, good luck with fixing your car, it probably is just the tie rod, i had that problem with my old stang too. Bye

I would have hit the car and sued Ford for all they got! You could have been a millionaire and not even have had to go to court I bet!
Old 10-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Hah, you think that's bad...lol, I got my new car on Monday, my brand new Sonic Blue '04 GT, and it was in the shop less than two days later with a serious problem, my power steering went out completely and I almost hit a car because my wheel was completely locked up.

I would have hit the car and sued Ford for all they got! You could have been a millionaire and not even have had to go to court I bet!
Just like he said!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 12:47 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

I feel you though.
Dude????????

Old 10-31-2004, 11:43 AM
supercharged96gt
1st Gear Member

I feel ya about breaking all the time. It happens to me too. Everytime I go to the track I break something EVERYTIME. Shredded the belt and shattered the Centerforce clutch into pieces the first time. Second time I blew out the heater core. Yesterday I bent something in the tranny or maybe the shifter binds going into first and second now. Oh yea and my car started on fire when the external fuel pump shorted out. a few other problems too and I have only had this car 6 months. Its a never ending battle man.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Wings65288
3rd Gear Member

lol thats genious jd, how do you do it?

Old 10-31-2004, 02:37 PM
stonemonk9
3rd Gear Member

ya, i jus wonder if its gonna stop? haha ya right, i jus want to get this thing running right and smooth, and well ya cant forget about the quickness too!

Quick Reply: never ending losing battle!