4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone rolled there fender or know how

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone rolled there fender or know how

I need to roll the fender in the rear of my car badly! I always cut into my tire.... I heard of using a baseball bat and putting it between the tire and fender and having someone rolling the car.. Then I could buy this but i dont want too, i dont have the money... http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/tools/fenderlip.jsp

My biggest question of all is.. Do i need to cut reliefs perpendicular to the outside of the fender so the metal can fold easily. If I dont that metal has to stretch so much, or should I trim it to half the length all the way around the try to fold it over? Any help from someone who has done this or knows first hand how to do it? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone rolled there fender or know how

No you need to use whats below and a blow dryer to heat the paint up so that it does not damage it and just start at one side roll it to the other and just keep adjusting it till you get them and no cutting required...I was going to have to do this but so far I have gotten away with it and shouldn't have to....The easiest wayis to use what you found...
Dan
Old 02-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

you got 18x9, im getting 18x10 and i dont want to f*ck up the tires that im gonna get.. like i got on my 17x10.5's now..... i think im gonna bight the bullet and buy that. Thanks, its cheaper than tirerack! I just saw a write up on it. Im gonna try and cut my stock springs and bring my car to your height... If it works great, if not. I'll just put my eibachs back on.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Using a baseball bat is a disaster waiting to happen. You'll probably end up using it to smash the **** out of your car in a fit of rageafter you****ed itup and realize you cost yourself a quarter panel.

I crunched the quarter on my maxima and tried to use the baseball bat to roll some of it out. Absolutely did not work. I ended up getting pissed and called some hard-hittin rednecks to go to work on it with a blowtorch and a pair of pliers... [:@]
Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

yes just buy it from eastwood it will save you big time and come out really nice just don't forget the blowdryer heating the paint up hot enough grab your hand away fast hot so you don't damage...let me know if you need any more questions answered
Old 02-28-2007, 06:41 PM
03GT_4.6
2nd Gear Member

Would any autoparts stores like Advance Auto Parts rent out a tool like that?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03GT_4.6

Would any autoparts stores like Advance Auto Parts rent out a tool like that?
no sir
Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 PM
03GT_4.6
2nd Gear Member

Would a good body shop have the tool and maybe they'll be cheaper than buying the tool yourself? Then again, it may be better just to buy the tool and learn how to do it yourself and you'll always have the tool with you. If you became good at it maybe people would pay the small fee for you to do it to their car for them.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM
aceman5405
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03GT_4.6

Would a good body shop have the tool and maybe they'll be cheaper than buying the tool yourself? Then again, it may be better just to buy the tool and learn how to do it yourself and you'll always have the tool with you. If you became good at it maybe people would pay the small fee for you to do it to their car for them.
I was just about to ask that. Thats one tool I probably would use once and never again.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I found a custom wheel shop that has the tool but doesnt rent it out... But he said he will do both my rear fenders for $65 so I think im going to go with that... He said he does alot nissans and mitsubishis... He said it will scuff the paint on the inside of the fender but thats it... I dont care about that... Also hes going to try and get it as flat to the fender as he can... I also found this.. This is also a good option. Then i could split the cost with my friends cobra that nees it too... Its $50 to rent with $250 security deposit. And they ship it to you and you can have it for 5 days..... http://www.rollyourfender.com/rentalpakage.html

Quick Reply: Anyone rolled there fender or know how