Totally insulted today - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Totally insulted today

Old 02-28-2007, 02:52 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Totally insulted today

sh|t son we live close...ima go test drive the crap out of that car now xD unless you still want it. did you ever drive it? if so did they ride with you?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Rudeness is a fact of life with dealers. I was looking at a 04GT vert before I got my 00. I was at one of the largest car dealerships in Pa, Reedmans. The salesman (with toothpick in mouth) took my trade in to be appraised. When he came back they offered me an absurdly low price for my truck. When I said that Kelly blue book listed my truck for $2000 more in trade in value than they were going to give me, the salesman said " Why don`t you go sell it to Kelly ". I not so politely told him to F%$k off, & shove the stang where the sun don`t shine. The funny thing was, on the way out they have a kind of greeter person (sorta like K-Mart), This guy says HI sir, How did we make out today -- I won`t give my response here.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

i just called and offered $15,351. one dollar more than you! [8D]
Old 02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
mf3156
1st Gear Member

That explains why they're going out of business ... hopefully they'll still be in business when you do purchase one, then "donut" the hell out of their parking lot with it!!!

When I purchased my stang, I drove 250 miles to Manassas Va from South Jersey. The salesman was expecting me. When I got out my car, he shaked my hand, flip me the keys to the stang, and said "enjoy" no questions asked. I asked him does he want to see my liscense, but he just waved me off. The way I figure it,he hasthe info. from my car that I pulled-up in, but I thought that was pretty cool of him. So off I went for a good 25 minutes...
Old 02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

sales guy is pised because he has a pinto.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

I've been in car sales for a few years and have had some jerk managers but if one of my managers came out with a counter and insulted you in front of me like that i would have dropped him. I have been offered to move up into closing manager a few times but i prefer to sell and i make more money...that was just simply uncalled for! You should try to contact the dealership owner and tell him/her what happened. We all have our different methods to close the sale and make maximum profit but rudeness will not only lose the sale but lose the customer for life.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
SixEight
2nd Gear Member

That sucks how the dealership treated you, but you could probably make a better deal anyway. 17K doesn't seem rediculous, but you could probably find something similar for less. Good luck with finding something else though.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

when i went to look at the car i bought the sales man was nice and my dad was right next to me and he gave me the key to test drive it and every other place they were ****** about it because i am only 17
Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

I would be raising hell if they did that to me. On the other hand, they wanted way too much anyway, so it was kind of a blessing in disguise. If you look you could easily find one like that for less than what you offered.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

If your willing to spend 19K your in mach 1/cobra territory.

Screw getting a GT if you can afford the 19K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Totally insulted today

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.