MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Totally insulted today (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/251954-totally-insulted-today.html)

twin turbo pilot 02-28-2007 04:00 AM

Totally insulted today

So i was at a Ford dealership hoping to purchase an 04 GT they had there. The salseman was great and the car was perfect the asking price was 17,351 which is fair i thought. Anyway I have a certified check from my bank good for up to 19,000, So i decide to make a low offer of $15,351 That I signed. The sales manager came back shook my hand and told me very rudly "their is no room for negotioation you can leave now" Exactly in that manner I said" What the hell man there is nothing wrong with turning down my offer, but how about doing it with respect" needless to say i was shocked and the salseman was very apologetic as well. Too bad I was willing to pay what they wanted and showed the certfied check to the salseman afterward and told him im sorry you could sell it to me for 10k now and i will not purchase it from this dealership. The manager did not even give me a counter offer or anything. I called the actual dealership manager and complained and he apologized and asked for me to comeback to make it right. I told him thanks but no thanks they have the exact car i want for a fair price but i will take my money somewhere else. I have never experienced this before I guess they think because im 21 or something i just go there to play a game or something, too bad i like the salseman and would have loved to give him the sale but whats done is done. Here is a link to the car.
Link

72MachOne99GT 02-28-2007 04:15 AM

RE: Totally insulted today

I'm sory man.. there is NO WAY IN HELL I can read that with it going off the page that badly...

Maverick04GT 02-28-2007 04:23 AM

Yeah, that link kinda messes it up....I know how ya feel, when I was looking at cars when I was 16, they didn't take me seriously unless my dad was with me....that seems a little pricey to me, anyways. My brand new 04 GT Premium Convertible, with the 40th Anniversary package, with 600 miles on it (driven from out-of-state dealership) was 26K.

DTK 02-28-2007 09:16 AM

When I went to purchase my very first car it was at a chevy dealership. The car was a nice blue Monte Carlo (the RWD kind).
Anyway, I had the cash to buy it but the saleman was so f**king rude to me.
I was 18 at the time and he was treating me like some welfare case so I blew the joint and bought another car somewhere else.

Unfortunately, most anyone can drive a car but not everyone knows how to sell one properly.

GreyStang 02-28-2007 09:24 AM

Sounds like the salesman forgot to sugarcoat the response he got from the manager.Despite the managers attitude, the salesman could have re-worded his response so it didn't sound so rude, and he would probably have made the sale that day

That doesn't make up for a manager who's an asshole, but hey he's the salesmans problem not yours :D

BraMas 02-28-2007 09:26 AM

Do everyone a favor go back in and edit your link. Copy the link than type something like Mustang Link and than High light what ever you decide and than go up and click on the insert link button and paste the website in there and presto we can read your post;)

^iLLuSiOn^ 02-28-2007 11:04 AM

i wouldnt worry about it... you can probably find one for cheaper somewhere else

03mustgt 02-28-2007 11:15 AM

Yeah man I wouldnt worry about it either. That price seems WAY high too. If I was you and I was looking to spend ~17Gs I would look into a mach 1 man. You wont be dissapointed in it. In all seriousness look into getting a mach 1!

nanaki 02-28-2007 11:26 AM

i still get treated that way. it sucks being in your 20s or even teens looking for a car. new or used. i've been trying to buy a new car and most places won't even let me test drive a vehicle. most think i'm just there looking for a free joyride. it's frustrating!

BleedinBlue 02-28-2007 11:37 AM

Pleeaase edit that link. And that price actually seems high anyway. Your offer was about right, but not their asking price. For $17K you could probably find a Mach1 if you shopped around.