4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Damn Car Alarm!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Damn Car Alarm!!!!

Noob question...wtf is "PAT" ??
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I don't know, I was at the Busch 200 a couple weeks ago and when we left the Speedway (after dark) there was a late model Camaro with lights flashing, horns blaring, and sirens sireening--and two guys frantically trying to jimmy the door lock. [/align][/align]People sort of glanced over and continued on their way...that's what I did too.[/align][/align]I do agree though that if you live somewhere where juvenile delinquents (a metaphor forjerk@$$ punks) are problem a good noise maker would probably scare 'em off, and pro's don't boost radios, etc.[/align]
Old 02-28-2007, 11:48 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pitt

Noob question...wtf is "PAT" ??
I was actually wondering the same thing so don't feel bad.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Passive Anti-Theft System, the "chip" in the key--annoying as Heck if you need keys, however it also makes hot-wiring and brute force attacks on the ignition switch obsolete. Encoded transmission from the RFI sensor to the PCM, and built-in 10 and 20 minute delays when programming new keys (with no already programmed keys present) means amateurs will get nowhere, and most pros will find something easier, or having greater potential value, to boost...[/align][/align]
Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

reminds me of the stock alarm, if theres someone next to my car i hit the red alarm button twice real quick and it beeps... scares the crap outa them every time.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 AM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

damn thats expensive, i hope that included remote start, digital fobs and a paging system for that price.
sometimes the wind will set off your exterior motion sensor if its set too sensitive. The rain running down my window will make mine chirp.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

Well, I took it up to get looked at and they adjusted the proximity sensor. Now it won't go off when you reach into the car, it just chirps once and then you can do whatever you want in there. Now I have to take it up on Saturday to drop it off so they can completely redo the proximity sensor since they think it may have been put in a bad place or it's a faulty sensor. Needless to say, I'm stuck without a car alarm now because the thing is so damn sensitive that the slightest touch or sound sets it off. Luckily there's nothing it that I have to worry about having stolen.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
87FiveO
2nd Gear Member

Im a best buy m obile installer with a lot of expierence under my belt. To a newbie installer this car can be a nightmare.

The BCM (body control module) which is connected to the door triggers for your alarm switches to a lower voltage to conserve power after about 10-15min any aftermarket alarm senses the change in voltage and thinks the door is being opened. All they need to do is grab the document showing the correct way to diode isolate the door triggers and youll be fine. If they dont know anything its directfax document 1076
Old 03-11-2007, 08:42 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 87FiveO

Im a best buy m obile installer with a lot of expierence under my belt. To a newbie installer this car can be a nightmare.

The BCM (body control module) which is connected to the door triggers for your alarm switches to a lower voltage to conserve power after about 10-15min any aftermarket alarm senses the change in voltage and thinks the door is being opened. All they need to do is grab the document showing the correct way to diode isolate the door triggers and youll be fine. If they dont know anything its directfax document 1076
Well, I took the car in and they put a brand new proximity sensor on it and it seems to be working great. They also told me that the location has to stay the same otherwise the car wouldn't have proper coverage and some areas would be unprotected, but so far it seems to be working like it should so we'll see what happens with it.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
20must03gt
1st Gear Member

they r not allowed to put remote start in manual cars cause if you leave it in 1st gear and start it it will start rolling thats what my friend told me

Quick Reply: Damn Car Alarm!!!!