4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

which springs are best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
FR500GT
3rd Gear Member

Default which springs are best?

I have a 99 mustang GT coupe. I am looking to get a set of springs and i am not sure what is the best to go with. i am thinking of getting the sportlines to slam my carbut see..i dont want to be scraping on evrything. what do yall think. thanks!

What kind of springs should i get?
How much?
Where to buy them from?

Old 02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: which springs are best?

with sportlines you will probably need to get C/C plates too.Also, with this drop, your shocks / struts are going to get more wear and will need to be replaced sooner than a smaller drop. I think some people get away with stock Shocks and struts for a good while though. A pro-kit will not lower as much as the sportlines, but you don't really have to have C/C plates for those, so you could save some money. Like i said in my pm, stangsuspension has some pretty good stuff.

I think most people can find ways to avoid speed bumps, etc, or just learn to drive over them nice and slow and don't have too many problems.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:37 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ford racing c or b springs will probably give you the least drop, I got mine cause I wanted better handling without scraping on ****

at least I got better handling. [&:]
Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
jdavis
2nd Gear Member

i got pro-kit didnt need c/c plates didnt lower it too much but i guess it beats the extra cost.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:15 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

just go with pro kit, your car will ride better and you wont need CC plates and depending how much your springs drop (its always alittle different) an alignment isnt always nessicary. i have had the pro kit for a few months now and my alignment looks fine. if you can afford it, get shocks and struts as well, it will save your trouble down the road when you have to replace the stockers when they wear out, and your car will handle soo much better than with just springs alone.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

My '03 GT came to me with a set of Dropzone DZ2100 springs, claimed to lower the car by 2". [/align][/align]Now there is no way in Hades that I would have ever bought $110 Dropzone springs myself, and there is also no way my car is 2" lower than stock (they were installed with OEM isolators and what look like 1/4" spacers)--the shocks are Gabriel Ultras... However, after dring the car for 7500 miles or so I have to admit it's not a bad setup, in fact the car handles MUCH better than I had expected it to (I drove supercharged Miatas, with Apex springs, Bilsteins,and Falken Azenis for6 years prior to this). [/align][/align]I'd certainly not be audacious enough to recommend this setup as the best possible solution (and Bilsteins and poly bushingsare going on as soon as the bank account allows), however for some pretty short money it's not a bad combination...[/align][/align]
Old 02-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

H&R SuperSports is my setup with some CC plates, and they are awesome.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Ford Racing, H&R are good brands. Eibach you take your chance with the rear sag factor
Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Durr727

H&R SuperSports is my setup with some CC plates, and they are awesome.

H&R supersports require CC plates or you just wanted to be safe?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Well they say like a 1.6" drop, and the "set" drop for CC plates is 1.5"
But I just wanted to be safe, rather than paying for it eventually anyway, also I would have bought at least some bolts for only a small drop like .5"-1.0".

Quick Reply: which springs are best?