4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Selling the Mustang need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Zephid
2nd Gear Member

Default Selling the Mustang need some help

All right, I am selling this mustang to buy a new one, either a 2005 body style or a 03/04 cobra. Not really sure. Nevertheless, that’s not this issue.

I need to know about how much I can get for my current mustang. I know blue book says $14,000 but I have done quite a bit of stuff to it. I was hoping that you guys could give me an accurate price to ask for so I have the most money possible for the new one.

All work was professionally done.

2002 Black GT

Full Roush Stage 2 Body kit
Painted Mirrors
Antenna Delete
In windshield antenna
Light Weight "stock looking" hood
Custom Black Wheels (looks hot)

BBK Long Tube Ceramic Headers
BBK Plenum/Throttle Body (believe its 80mm)
BBK Cold Air Intake
BBK Short X-pipe
Roush Improved Sound Catback Side Pipe exhaust
Johnson 4.10 gears
Stleen Under drive Pulleys
K&M Lowering Springs

Thanks for your help.

Dave
Old 03-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Zephid
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Selling the Mustang need some help

oh right, bran new 04 trans, clear headlights and wheel spacers as well. all of the after market stuff was done less then 200 miles ago

just to mention it has never been driven hard. never even been over 100. dont get me wrong i have enjoyed it but i have not beaten it. its in really good condition and all
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

Its hard to get everything you put into a car but your car looks nice if it were me list it on Ebay put your reserve on it and see if you get any takers its damn good advertising for a modest price
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

honestly... I doubt you'll get more then that 14k,...

Your mods do nothing to appreciate the value of your car. Unless you find someone that loves your car, and is willing to pay whatever for it... then I doubt you'll get much more then that. Unfortunatly, the car is 6 model years old now... and it doesn't have the original tranny.

One thing I was told by the sales managers at the dealer i worked at here... was they're always gunshy about a new or rebuilt motor/tranny because there's a reason it blew, and probably was beat on... thats an assumption but most people have the same one.

I agree with above, if you want more put it on ebay and reserve it. I would also go tosome dealer and act like your interested in buying something just so they can give you an appraisel on your car. This way you know really what the bottom line is... most people will give you more then a dealer obviously.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Zephid
2nd Gear Member

only 14? thats depressing. i guess putting it on ebay sounds like a good idea, and my only choice.

any idea about how much i should ask for on ebay? roughly?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

With the body kit, you probably cut your potential buyers in half.

With all the body modifications made, it will make more people skeptical about the car and will most likely question how your car got to the point of having those parts installed.

It's not worth a dime more than book value. You will probably run into a kid or young adult who just has to have the car and will pay whatever you are looking to get. However, anybody experienced with buying cars probably won't pay anything near book.

What does it have for miles? And where did you get 14k? Was that private sale or dealer retail?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I'll trade ya my practically stock 02 for yours straight up, then you get the other half of your buyers back!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Zephid
2nd Gear Member

62,000 miles and 14k was kelly blue book private seller
Old 03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Unfortunately your mods won't add much to the market value. I'd say 14k at the most, unless someone falls in love with the car, as mentioned above. Look around on ebay and see if you can find a car similar to yours and see what they are charging. Ebay is also a great place to sell your vehicle; I've never sold anything on there, but my uncle has bought two cars off of it, and my father has bought a car and a truck (Ford, BTW) on it.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

thats the problem with modifying these cars - you make no return on your money. It is all about the fun unfortunately. Goodluck with E-Bay and set your reserve to amount you want to part with the car for. I agree with everyone if book is 14K you will be lucky to find a kid who will give you 15K maybe....