4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

One Hell of a Tune!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:06 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Default One Hell of a Tune!

I got some of my mods installed (see sig). I installed my plugs, pullies, intake and tune.

I got my tune from a place called Amazon Racing. For those of you who've never heard of Amazon, they have a tuner named Rick Erdman who has years of experience and education tuning Mustangs. There is a lot of hype behind his name when it comes to tuning Mustangs. So I started researching and it seemed as if every customer who has gotten a tune from him has been more than satisfied andgot a better running car with more power. ThenI went to their site and saw his education and experience and that was enough to convince me to get a tune from him.

I knew my car wasn't running all that well, but after I got the tune loaded, I realized how $hitty my car was running! Besides the added power, that tune REALLY made a big a$$ difference in how my car ran. It runs A LOT smoother and is A LOT more comfortable to drive on the street. And it is my only car so it's my daily driver. I've never heard of Amazon Racing anywhere on this site so I wanted to share that with you guys and let you know that they are out there, and I am an extremely satisfied customer. If you're in need of a tune, look into them. You won't be disappointed.

In addition to the good tune, they also have GOOD customer service. I had a lot of questions and called and spoke with his wife Linn a few times, and she consulted me and pointed me in the right direction to get what I was looking for out of my car. Their customer service and quality tunes is why they have the reputation that they have. Here is a link to their site for you guys to check it out.

http://amazonracing.com/

If you have any questions on how the tuning process works with them, or on anything else, post here or just PM me. I'll try my best to answer them.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: One Hell of a Tune!

So was it a dyno tune, or a canned tune? Thanks for sharing the info though! I am actually fairly interested in that.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

sounds good, is this a mail order tune? i was thinking about getting one from brenspeed but i'll have to check these guys out now
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM
kendiesel
2nd Gear Member

what kind of numbers u putting down?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:56 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03mustgt

So was it a dyno tune, or a canned tune? Thanks for sharing the info though! I am actually fairly interested in that.
No problem bro. It's a mail order tune. It's a tune designed by him for your cars specific mods. It's not one of the canned ones that come pre-installed on the tuner.

He does do dyno tunes too. But his shop is in North Carolina. He does travel across the U.S to do dyno tunes on dyno days though. He's coming to the Bay Area in May for a dyno dayand I'll be getting tuned on a dyno by him. If you're looking to get a tune, look no more. I wouldn't want anyone inexperienced or unknowledgeable to touch my car. His experience and education speaks for itself. Not to mention all of his satisfied customers.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:13 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brute03

sounds good, is this a mail order tune? i was thinking about getting one from brenspeed but i'll have to check these guys out now
Yup, it's a mail order tune.

I've heard that Brenspeed makes good tunes also. One of my close friends actually has one on his 05GT and he loves it. And I'veordered from Brenspeed and they have GOOD customer service also. But what I like about Amazon Racing that set them apart from everyone else is Ricks education and experience.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kendiesel

No numbers yet. I haven't gotten the tune checked on the dyno. Rick is coming out here in May for a dyno day so he'll be tuning my car on the dyno then.

I'm supposed to go get the A/F ratio checked on a dyno, so I might go tomorrow. But that's a might. I play everything on the safe side. I just don't want to get it checked when I know he is coming out here to tune it further. But like I said, I play everything on the safe side so I might. But the final numbers will come in May when he dyno tunes it himself.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

when is he coming to the BAY and where??? Apex?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:25 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

He's coming May 6-7. No, it won't be at Apex. It'll be at a new shop in Modesto called MSX (Modular Speed Worx)...
Old 03-02-2007, 03:35 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

ORIGINAL: kendiesel

No numbers yet. I haven't gotten the tune checked on the dyno. Rick is coming out here in May for a dyno day so he'll be tuning my car on the dyno then.

I'm supposed to go get the A/F ratio checked on a dyno, so I might go tomorrow. But that's a might. I play everything on the safe side. I just don't want to get it checked when I know he is coming out here to tune it further. But like I said, I play everything on the safe side so I might. But the final numbers will come in May when he dyno tunes it himself.
No matter how great the tuner, is it paramount to suicide to be running a car hard before you get the a/f ratio checked (on a FI car anyway).

Sounds like you have been out gunning it around... really really bad idea. I had to drive my car 2+ hours just to check the a/f (it was dead on) and I know your pain in wanting to stomp it down, but never ever run a non checked tune on a FI car hard.

Quick Reply: One Hell of a Tune!