MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Lowering opinions! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/253617-lowering-opinions.html)

Pitt 03-03-2007 06:02 PM

Lowering opinions!

I want to lower my stang...was going to go with H&R Supersport springs but that would probably require caster/camper plates. Was looking at Coil over kits for the front and back and its a bit more expensive but you can adjust them at desired ride height. Can anyone recommend a good coil over kit that comes just with the necessary hardware, not like the MM kits that bring way too much stuff and way too expensive.

Pitt 03-04-2007 11:51 AM

RE: Lowering opinions!

Bump.....damn an entire day and not 1 comment?!?!

97targa 03-04-2007 12:53 PM

I thought coil over kits required differnt K-member or diff control arms??? If you go with any lowering kit I would recomend c/c plates and a professional alignment. When you go 1.5" or more don't forget about the bumpsteer kit. Alway get the tapered fitting as they are a direct bolt in and do not have to cut the spindle for installation! You will have better handling with coil over and reduce weight, but I would just save the money and get lowering springs with c/c plates and bumpsteer. Your looking at roughly $220 springs, $160 c/c, $130 bumpsteer for total around $500 plus or minus extras and price where you buy from.

Also I think H&R is a 2" drop if I'm not mistaken?? That's way too low for the back imo. The back needs to be about .75" higher than the front so it doesn't give you that sagged look! If you do get 2" drop you NEED new struts, shocks! Your stock ones will seem okay, but they are not made to handle the drive heighth of the new springs which ride much higher into the strut and will react much diff and bounce all over!

IownaMustangNow 03-04-2007 12:54 PM

eibach . . decent pricing and like 2 inch drop, good $hit

97targa 03-04-2007 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: IownaMustangNow

eibach . . decent pricing and like 2 inch drop, good $hit
Eibach sags in the back. Get either a FRRP set or Roush..however they don't go as low as 2"

Pitt 03-04-2007 01:18 PM

Yea I think I'll stick with springs for now, too much cash to do coil overs. I want to put some 315/35/17s tires in the back so dont know if a 2" drop will be too much. Maybe ford c springs will be my best bet.

97targa 03-04-2007 01:20 PM

Yes C springs are a nice set-up. I think 1.5 and 1.2 If you do 315's just make sure you can clear the exhaust. Stock and only a small number of aftermarkets can clear! Put up another post for that one
I would get those springs from summit. Quick hasssle free shipping

Fuel 03-04-2007 01:27 PM

i have a set of dz 2" springs to install here shortly and asked on here what else i would need and no one said anything about a bumpsteer, do u have a link on it

97targa 03-04-2007 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Fuel

i have a set of dz 2" springs to install here shortly and asked on here what else i would need and no one said anything about a bumpsteer, do u have a link on it
Bumpsteer I have no link just my brain..lol You want to get a quality kit no noname brands!! Ford Racing, Baer, and maybe one other. I went with FRRP because of the Tapered fitting(Baer as well). You do not want to drill out your spindle for those other so called "durable" "longer lasting" crock of sh.t ones. They advertise that so they can sell them becasue they are twice as cheap to produce makin you do the dirty work! You will have to get an alignment done even if you do those solo. I did everything together! I paid $130 from summit maybe a little less, came in two days

Fuel 03-04-2007 01:35 PM

what does the bumpsteer kit do for the car, help me out here i don't know anything about this part