4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HELP...My car is ****ED :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 08:40 PM
02bluegtstang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: HELP...My car is ****ED :(

ORIGINAL: scubasteve22

he said he paid extra money for the warranty so its not free to get fixed. he said his friend has a saleen so he got in it and revved it to let him hear it. yes i agree that it is extremely stupid to drive drunk or even doin donuts or stupid stuff in a parking lot after drinking but all he said is he revved it so everyone needs to chill and try to help out with the codes or if u dont wanna help then dont take out ur anger on him. sorry to hear about ur car man and like everyone had said just be careful and prob not smart to do it again but alchohol does change how u act especially when showin off but goodluck with gettin it fixed on the warranty
thanks man...yea alcohol makes you do stupid things, thats the reason why i said that in the first place (thought everybody was a little mature and understand that I said that because i did something stupid)...
anyways im going to the dealership now, hopefully my car will make it there...
Old 03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowgtstang18

In his 1st post he said he didtn drive drunk, why u guys getting all on him about driving drunk.
Check the time and date of his edit to the first post.
Message edited by 02bluegtstang -- 3/3/2007 5:38:59 PM
Not to ruffle any feathers or anything...[>:] And to the OP, you would have had a much better response had you said "I know I screwed up big...I'll never drink and drive again" rather than cussing everyone out. Hostility provides no sympathy.

And it is good to see that the majority of people DO look down on drinking and driving. Not too long ago it wasn't seen as that big of a problem.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

as far as the issue goes, if the dealership isn't mod friendly, and those trouble codes are talking about exhaust and your O2 sensors... have fun getting it repaired.

Extended warranty or not.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Ok, well drinking and driving aside, banging the rev limiter will not nessicarily hurt anything. The limit is there so you dont go any higer. I touched the rev limiter at least 10 times in my other 99 GT.

Now just holding it there for minutes, yea thats stupid. Just revving it up to 6250 one time isnt gonna do ****.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:36 PM
00stanggt

ORIGINAL: 02bluegtstang

P0136 Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 1.
P1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.
Your O2 sensor is the primary fuel measurment device on your car. Basically it controls the air fuel ratio in your car measuring your exhaust making sure that you arn't running too rich or too lean. Basically what i get from that (given that i am not a mechanic, and won't grill you because everyone else already has that corner completly covered) is that you did in fact over rev it as stated, your O2 sensor failed causing the first bank (cylinder?) to lean out leading in detonation in that cylinder, possibly damaging your piston, rod, piston rings, bearings, lifters, or any combination of 1 or many of these in that cylinder alone or any other. I'm not sure if Ford would be able to tell this by reading the codes, but i wouldn't delete the codes because that would definitly show that you are trying to hide something. Take it to them as is, see what they say, adn go from there. I would put the stock h pipe back on though because the o2 sensors are located in the exhaust, and given that you have an aftermarket exhaust where the o2 sensors are located they may try and blame it on that and void your warrany entirely. And you might as well take of the CAI and flash your ecu back to stock just to be safe. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:43 PM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

To answer your technical question,,,, Use your tuner and clear the codes, I say this cause with my O/R pro chamber, The car will start running like crap sometimes cause I have a bad 02 sensor, I clear the codes then it runs great!!!! Worth a shot before you bring it to the dealer, and if it doesn't work, the codes will pop back up anyway....
Old 03-03-2007, 10:04 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: gill7784

You have totally missed the point. Ford is not the problem.
heres where i kinda have to disagree - now if he raised the limiter then yes he should fix it, but I kinda-sorta feel that the factory sets the limiter to a level at protects the engine from damage and your self - and all the way to redline is the manufacturers operating range - so during the warannty period, It shouldnt matter because thats not abnormal - and everybody has missed a gear in their life, so if that is the case then ford should fix it... but now if your being irresponsible and repeatedly damage the car from abuse then no the warranty shouldnt keep fixing it.... theres just alot of gray with warranties, but I say that ford sells the GT to be beat on.. thats why you upgraded to v8 power - same for cobras - and during that warranty period - you should enjoy it. besides most people dont get the extended waraanty (if you did - blow it up and dont feel bad - you paid for it).. the dummies who beat their stuff for 36 miles and then she blows at 45k deserve what they get. anyway just my opinion
Old 03-04-2007, 01:42 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I'm really dissapointed in alot of you guys here, you're acting like total dickholes.

If he would have said he was sitting in his driveway, kind of drunk, and revved it, NOBODY would have said ****. He wasn't drinking and driving, he wasn't thinking about drinking and driving, he was showing off. I'm sure NOBODY here has EVER shown off doing anything.

As for hitting the rev limiter and that teaching him a lesson. You're all morons. It's good to know that not one of you has EVER missed a shift while driving hard since your cars have NEVER hit the rev limiter. So quick to judge, nearly every one of you.

I've been buzzed at my house and revved it at my house before, am I a drunk driver? Do I deserve to be 'taught a lesson'?

What a joke.
1. He did not drink and drive.
2. He accidently over revved.
3. Hopefully that lousy warranty he paid for will be worth something.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:07 AM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

yes.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:10 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I am gonna let this thread go just a bit longer. My only response to this is.....good luck with getting your car fixed and if you drink and get behind the wheel of a car to do ANYTHING involving starting the car...you get what you deserve.

Quick Reply: HELP...My car is ****ED :(