4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HELP...My car is ****ED :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 AM
StockD15b
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP...My car is ****ED :(

ORIGINAL: 02bluegtstang

ORIGINAL: gill7784

Just for clarification; you got drunk, busted your car, and you think Ford should fix it? Spending some of your own money to fix your car may teach you a lesson….at least, it should. I have no tolerance for drinking and doing ANYTHING behind the wheel of the car.
first of all i dont do this everyday, second of all theres a warranty for a reason (and I paid $1500 for the extra warranty), third of all I THINK that i over reved it by accident but im not even sure thats the cause...maybe its just somethin that happened by coincidence because I wasnt even driving stupid...just reving it because I liked the sound of my Prochamber and wanted my friend (with a saleeen stang) to hear how it sounds...is that too much to do for a car? jeez....
"first of all i dont do this everyday" you kinda sound like one of them cats off Datelines to catch a Predator.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

I completely agree with code... and 72mach [:-]. One of these times when your 'buzzed' and you get in your car and your buddy goes LETS JUST GO DOWN THE STREET AND BACK and you hit some little old lady... you will learn as well. I have never seen people get drunk and say der lets go rev our cars up! I dont understand why you would either?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:00 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

First make sure you didn't blow out any spark plugs.

2nd, make sure your O2 sensors are still connected. Then, replace your O2 sensors if everything is intact.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:02 AM
NXgt
2nd Gear Member

They will if you talk to the right people.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

I completely agree with code... and 72mach [:-]. One of these times when your 'buzzed' and you get in your car and your buddy goes LETS JUST GO DOWN THE STREET AND BACK and you hit some little old lady... you will learn as well. I have never seen people get drunk and say der lets go rev our cars up! I dont understand why you would either?
I think that's over exagerated. He didn't do anything wrong except maybe go a little over the redline.
Honestly, I think that someone can be drunk in his car and listen to music or whatever without any problems. HOWEVER, the MOMENT he starts to move the car either by accelerating or releasing the hand brake... i DO AGREE that he should go to jail.

But you guys have to seriously chill... he never said anything about drinking and driving.

P.S. I would really love to help you but I don't know anything about theses codes, sorry.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:28 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Doomtroop - if you read his original post, that's exactly what he implied. I think he drove home, then when he got some backlash he backtracked and edited his post.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:29 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I completely agree with code... and 72mach . One of these times when your 'buzzed' and you get in your car and your buddy goes LETS JUST GO DOWN THE STREET AND BACK and you hit some little old lady... you will learn as well. I have never seen people get drunk and say der lets go rev our cars up! I dont understand why you would either?
Yep, that's right, because we all know that when you have just a tiny bit of booze, youre judgement goes completely out the window and you drive down some city street at 90 mph.

Give it a rest. What I'm saying is you're all making it sound like he got really drunk, tried driving home, did something dangerous and broke something on his car.

Explain to me the difference between someone revving the car, and damaging it while 100% sober, and doing the same thing buzzed in a parking lot? Aside from the fact that you're likely to get busted in the parking lot, there is no difference.

As he's said, he wasn't driving, he wasn't about to drive, and he's admitting that it was a retarded thing to do in the first place, but all he catches is flak from all the non-sinners in here about how irresponsible he is, and how he's 'getting what he deserved'
Old 03-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

72mach read what xxkaz wrote. Did you read the kids original post? If you did you would be flaming him as well. And you would have to be completely drunk.... Or just retarded to overrev your car making it break. Yes i understand misshifting and such but what his original post said was just no common since. But anyways lets stop bumping this thread to the top and let it move on out....
Old 03-04-2007, 04:01 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I don't know about you - but when I rev it to high - i back off... not keep the gas pedal to the floor ...

Who the heck starts out a post "I had a little to much to drink at the bar, and over revved my car" - would you really say that, if you weren't driving it around? I don't believe him for a minute.

The problem is, is that people do get really drunk and go driving 90mph down roads they shouldn't be. That's how many people get killed everyday due to it.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

I don't know about you - but when I rev it to high - i back off... not keep the gas pedal to the floor ...

Who the heck starts out a post "I had a little to much to drink at the bar, and over revved my car" - would you really say that, if you weren't driving it around? I don't believe him for a minute.

The problem is, is that people do get really drunk and go driving 90mph down roads they shouldn't be. That's how many people get killed everyday due to it.
+ + 1

Quick Reply: HELP...My car is ****ED :(