4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HELP...My car is ****ED :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:38 AM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP...My car is ****ED :(

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

I completely agree with code... and 72mach . One of these times when your 'buzzed' and you get in your car and your buddy goes LETS JUST GO DOWN THE STREET AND BACK and you hit some little old lady... you will learn as well. I have never seen people get drunk and say der lets go rev our cars up! I dont understand why you would either?
Yep, that's right, because we all know that when you have just a tiny bit of booze, youre judgement goes completely out the window and you drive down some city street at 90 mph.

Give it a rest. What I'm saying is you're all making it sound like he got really drunk, tried driving home, did something dangerous and broke something on his car.

Explain to me the difference between someone revving the car, and damaging it while 100% sober, and doing the same thing buzzed in a parking lot? Aside from the fact that you're likely to get busted in the parking lot, there is no difference.

As he's said, he wasn't driving, he wasn't about to drive, and he's admitting that it was a retarded thing to do in the first place, but all he catches is flak from all the non-sinners in here about how irresponsible he is, and how he's 'getting what he deserved'
Ask any of the cops on here if it makes a difference or not if he was revving the car or not. Lets just say that he is in the seat, revving the car, and a cop pulls up. Cop asks what he is doing. Guy says "Just revving my car, I was not planning on driving it." Guess what? In most states, you get a nice DUI, and in CA, you are off to jail. I agree with Code and others. Starting a car while drunk is just stupid. A law enforcement officer sees this, and you are off to jail. Do you think they will buy "I was just revving it?" No way. As for me being a non-sinner, I have done lots of stupid stuff, but I have NEVER gotten behind the wheel after drinking. Not once, not even if I just had one beer. I have lost too many close people in my life, starting at a young age to even think about doing it.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:45 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I never once said that getting behind teh wheel of a running vehicle while drunk was not a crime.

And yes, IF he was drinking and driving, then I have no remorse for him, but since nobody can prove it either way, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for the holding the throttle down, it still won't hurt it terribly. The rev-limiter is there for a reason. As I have said before, if cars *specifically sports cars* blew up after a good run in with the rev limiter one time, nobody woudl buy them.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 AM
_UnLiMiTeD_
1st Gear Member

can hurt if its a standard and its in gear and hes drunk and accidently releases the clutch while his friends are by the car. 6000rpm clutch drop, car will launch
Old 03-04-2007, 04:49 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

can hurt if its a standard and its in gear and hes drunk and accidently releases the clutch while his friends are by the car. 6000rpm clutch drop, car will launch
Did that happen? No. So why bring it up?

I could remove teh rev limiter in my car, dump the clutch with the E-Brake on at 7K and it woudl hurt my car... so?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

72... I think he was talking about why he shouldn't have been revving the car drunk in the first place maybe?

But, I think he's taken enough of a beating/flaming in this thread.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:22 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Gentlemen...being the innocent 16 year old on the thread, I think there is just one simple solution to this age old problem...

DON'T

GET

DRUNK

PERIOD.

It really isn't that difficult. I've been invited to tons of partys and kickbacks and stuff like that, and you know what? I don't go. Because I know that if I go, something unfortunate will happen to me, to somebody else, to property, etc. I fully am OK with going out the local bar or tavern having a beer with lunch, my family does it once in a while, but just don't go and get drunk. Simple as that. You feel like **** afterwords anyway, so why even do it? It only causes trouble. Read what I wrote very carefully, it may very well one day save yours or somebody elses life.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Lol cobrastang... You are years away before you should even consider drinking... No offense. There is nothing wrong with drinking responsibly.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:15 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Yeah I agree with you, I'm not saying anythings wrong with drinking responsibly, and I'm also saying that drinking to the point of getting drunk is not drinking responsibly. Thats drinking irresponsibly. My family enjoys drinking responsibly. My dad will have a beer with his lunch or a drink with his dinner when we go out once ina while, and I totally am OK with that. I just can't stand people who think since is Friday or Saturday night, they are obligated to go out and poison their blood with alcohol. Thats irresponsible. Theres a fine line between social drinking, and just being stupid. It's just a matter of knowing where that line is. I've lost too many friends to become like that, so I tell all of you to please hear me out. I know none will ever want to go through something like losing a loved one, and for those of you who have, you know exactly where I'm coming from.

I'v never drank before, not even a single beer or shot or anything. Just kept my high morals, and nothing can touch me. As for when I'll start, I think I'll wait until it's legal for me. No big deal, just 4.5 years. I can wait.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

I hear ya cobrastang. I could learn something from you haha... Me being 18 every time i down a few i always catch myself checking out the window trying to make sure we dont get busted because alchohol + 18 year old = jail time! ...dont think getting crunk is nesecarily (spellcheck) a bad thing because slutty blonde chicks are always funner that way
Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 AM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Ah yes, the foolishness of youth! Slobbering drunk, I've been known to hug my car across the hood, leaving Capt. Morgan dribble and druel on it, but never, never, would I stick my key init. It's more fun over-revving the wife when drunk! When you have rebuilt a few engines and can experience the care and fastidious focus to attention that is involved, would you ever consider doing that again. I guess you just have learned a brutal life lesson (I hope you don't have to pay). Even starting out cold, I won't rev my engine above 2G for seven miles, beforeI even slowly bring R's up! I love my engines, I'm the guy you want to buy a car or bike fromfrom.BTW, Anyone interested in a mint '00 CBR 929, pearl white and red, give me a PM?

John

Quick Reply: HELP...My car is ****ED :(