4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ok.... Heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 PM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

Default Ok.... Heads

I am ordering the Patriot Stage II heads,Crower StageII Cam, BBK Ceramic Shorties,valve springs and retainers. Do I need to replace anything else. ie... Pistons, Rings, that kind of stuff............. I don't want to have the engine pulled just to find out I am missing some stuff I should have ordered. I am in Germany so 2 weeks to wait for items from the states is not an option.

Danke
Old 03-06-2007, 12:10 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ok.... Heads

Your pulling the whole motor just to do heads and headers? You can do that with the block in the car. It sounds like a nice setup.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I think he's pulling the motor to have the shorties done as well,
Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

I think he should be fine then. I would say if you were gonna pull the whole thing i would go all the way and do forged pistons and rods and crank. But i also know that costs some $$$.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

I was under the impression that Heads and Cam swapwas a pretty in depth job. Is it easier than I have been led to believe???
Old 03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

It is but not enough to pull the block. Getting the cams set right is a pia. It just take a lot of time. I was a tech and i dont wanna do it myself. Id pay to do it also. Let us know how it turns out. Ive been looking at the same kind of setup in my 99 gt.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

somewhat, take lots of pictures and put all the screws in seperate bags, also buy a handbook that'll tell ya torque specs, also make sure your installing the cam's in the right position heh
Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

somewhat, take lots of pictures and put all the screws in seperate bags, also buy a handbook that'll tell ya torque specs, also make sure your installing the cam's in the right position heh
I just learned how to put new rotors and pads on my Bullitt.......... Heads? are you kidding??? I am paying a proffessional to do that job. That way if he jacks it up.... he pays for my new Crate engine ;o)
Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

lmao=P I pretty much did the same,,, I knew diddly about my stang till i did the mach1 brakes, slp catback/catted x, and jlt cai all in the same day hehe... nothing like getting a little dirty... although i would highly recommend not doing the x pipe yourself if you do not have a full set of tools... lols
Old 03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
99lolagt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tool fan

ORIGINAL: Aereon

I just learned how to put new rotors and pads on my Bullitt.......... Heads? are you kidding??? I am paying a proffessional to do that job. That way if he jacks it up.... he pays for my new Crate engine ;o)
Hell yeah!Good luck to ya bro. If f**ks up put in an 04 cobra motorand pay the difference.

Quick Reply: Ok.... Heads