MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Just installed the dumps (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/255540-just-installed-the-dumps.html)

2000GT4.6 03-07-2007 05:57 PM

Just installed the dumps

I stopped by a local exhaust shop today after pulling my buddies busted escourt to his house (in the truck of course) and got some turndowns.

Man is it alot louder :) Before when I would tape it wouldn't be that loud in the cab and people would ask about it... that isn't gonna be a problem anymore.

Not only is it louder inside, its ALOT louder outside at WOT.

Surprisingly, with the magnaflows, at crusing speed (close to 3k RPM) its not loud at all, sounds almost exactly like it did before with the catback (so its not annoying on the highway) but open it up and wow.

The idle is alot different too. It has that deep boom boom sound now that it didnt before.

Dumps FTW! All I have to do now is figure out how to hang just the magnaflow tips without the pipes so the rearend doesn't look retarted.

rainydayracing 03-07-2007 06:03 PM

RE: Just installed the dumps

A buddy of mine had dumps and would set off all of the car alarms when he would go into a parking garage...lol.

RedAlertlb 03-07-2007 06:31 PM

NICE.......i set off car alarms all the time.lol

amoosenamedhank 03-07-2007 07:12 PM

Wow I can't believe that isn't driving you crazy. I'm going to get tail pipes ASAP because the dumps bug the crap out of me. But hey if you like it more power to ya.

roush17 03-07-2007 07:31 PM

Sweet man! I love my turn downs. I was surprised too at how it is actually a little quiter in certain RPM ranges. Put some new exhaust clips up!

QatarStang 03-07-2007 07:50 PM

Definitely post up some new exhaust clips.

GT STANG 03-07-2007 07:53 PM

are you goin to get a new rear end or just have tips to make it look like u have tips??

mex69 03-08-2007 02:04 AM

ive been thinking about a new catback after i did my headers and midpipe. and i have no clue were to get dumps at. and ive been thinkin about doin it.. idc about my rear bumper lookin retarded cuz i personally think it looks cool. so were did you get it and how much did it run ya.

2000GT4.6 03-08-2007 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: amoosenamedhank

Wow I can't believe that isn't driving you crazy. I'm going to get tail pipes ASAP because the dumps bug the crap out of me. But hey if you like it more power to ya.

At crusing its acutally about the same volume as before, its only loud at WOT and right at idle.

ive been thinking about a new catback after i did my headers and midpipe. and i have no clue were to get dumps at. and ive been thinkin about doin it.. idc about my rear bumper lookin retarded cuz i personally think it looks cool. so were did you get it and how much did it run ya.
I went to a local exhaust shop, asked for 2.5" turndowns, and the guy just bent them to shape right there on a flowmaster machine. Took him about 5 min, and they charged me 20 bucks.

I am going to attempt to hang my magnaflow tips back on the car without the catback itself.

laserred38 03-08-2007 02:31 AM

yea i can't believe your ears aren't crying...well maybe it is because you are older than me and your hearing is worse than mine haha :D.....JK!

how do you like everything in the car buzzing/rattling? have you been on the freeway yet?