4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

97 bullit suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 97 bullit suspension questions

I wouldn't say that it's slow, just seems like it is trying to hard to lift the rear end up. As if there is a lot of weight in the back; that is how it looks.And it's not bobbingup and down. If you say the rear shocks need to be broken in, that would make sense. How long before the whole setup is broken in? Thanks for the input, by the way.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

how long has it been since you've installed it and how many miles has it been? what kind of street are you driving it on and can you link me to the bullitt kit you bought so I know what kind of setup your talking about.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Alright, it has been less than a week sense I installed it. I did the job on Thursday of last week. I drove 300 miles on friday to see my girl and then 300 miles back on sunday. All of it was pretty smooth highway driving. When I drive up here in Washington, DC, the roads are the most horrid thing I can decribe. I am dealing with cracks in the road that make the rear of my car bounce, pot holes that my buddies have bent their rims on and the relief connectors on the bridge that I have to drive over are so off that I swear I am going to bend the frame of my car going over them at 40 mph. I have had a corolla before this and these roads have destroyed the suspension on that car and then did it to my Mustang. That is what Iam dealing with. I have taken quite a few steps to not drive on the worse spots, but some are unavoidable. And, lastly, here is the link to the kit I have:

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=275

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

alrighty, sounds like its in need to be properly broken in, the roads you drove on might have caused the shocks/struts to break in improperly, you hafta just wait it out. also, if the roads are as bad as you say, get yourself some subframes asap, look to replace your bushings in your stang
Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Are you saying that these roads could ruin the best thing that has happened to my mustang yet?!! I am going to loose it if that happens. I love that car and this suspension system makes it handle like a 1000 lb go cart. I friggen love it! If you think that the roads are going to ruin them, please let me know so I can stop driving it for now.

As for the subframes and stuff, I have just enough money to get these: http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=906 And a set of sub frame connectors made by my performance shop. I need tires in a bad way, but if I need to do this first I will. Also, will these control arms help with putting the power of a KB to the wheels? I am building the car's suspension and brakes to handle that super charger when I get it. If they won't do the job, what will??
Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

tires are more important, the roads wont ruin your suspension if you use your brain while hitting those potholes take em at a moderate speed and they'll be fine, in fact they help a bit when breaking things in. lca's are good but you wont feel much of a diff with your setup, i'd wait a little while and buy lca/phb/torque arm and then delete your uca's that way you'll have great feeling rear end, and this is just my opinion, but full length subframe connectors should be standard on all mustangs and/or first mod done, our cars flex alot and causes alot of the interior pieces to have alot of stress put on em as well, over time your car will creak much more if you do not have sub frames.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

I was afraid you'd say that. Ok, I'll get tires. Thanks for all the help, though.