4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Total Hp gains???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Total Hp gains???

just supercharge it.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

Toolfan,
I would take it to a tune shop and let them Dyno it and you will find the true horsepower that your ride is putting out.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
lsustang04
3rd Gear Member

+1, on dyno shop.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:11 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lsustang04

+1, on dyno shop.
Not quite that easy.......... No place around here with a Dyno. Closest one is in Austria, and I very seriously doubt they are equipped to tune a Mustang. I wanna cry
Old 03-12-2007, 05:27 AM
JT76

Hes in Germany guys......you should be over 300rwhp with those mods and you MUST have it tuned once you start getting into cams, heads etc.......instead of spending this much money on bolt ons to get 300rwhp, after the full LT exhaust call it a day, get yourself a blower and make 400 - 425 rwhp, wouldnt that make you happier?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:31 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanggang1892

Hes in Germany guys......you should be over 300rwhp with those mods and you MUST have it tuned once you start getting into cams, heads etc.......instead of spending this much money on bolt ons to get 300rwhp, after the full LT exhaust call it a day, get yourself a blower and make 400 - 425 rwhp, wouldnt that make you happier?
Doesn't Diablo or SCT make specific tunes? I thought you sent them your information, Car, upgrades and the such and they sent a tunner with the optimum tunes with your upgrades. That is what I had planned on doing..... or is that a **** idea
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 AM
JT76

ORIGINAL: tool fan

Doesn't Diablo or SCT make specific tunes? I thought you sent them your information, Car, upgrades and the such and they sent a tunner with the optimum tunes with your upgrades. That is what I had planned on doing..... or is that a **** idea
that is deff a sh!tty idea, the $ to HP ratio will make you cry.....do the full exhaust,pick the Mongoose kit from modular powerhouse and they can do the tune for you through the mail..the mail order tune.is not the best, but your limited because of your location. 20004.6GT went this route and had great results.....PM him, im sure he would be happy to guide you in the right direction........ the question is would you rather have 400+ HP or barely 300rwhp? Get the SC man!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:39 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

that is deff a sh!tty idea, the $ to HP ratio will make you cry.....do the full exhaust,pick the Mongoose kit from modular powerhouse and they can do the tune for you through the mail..the mail order tune.is not the best, but your limited because of your location. 20004.6GT went this route and had great results.....PM him, im sure he would be happy to guide you in the right direction........ the question is would you rather have 400+ HP or barely 300rwhp? Get the SC man!
All options are on the table......... Sold the Vette, so I have some Monoply dough to play with.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 AM
JT76

All options are on the table......... Sold the Vette, so I have some Monoply dough to play with.
hell if you sold the Vette, get a forged shortblock and a D1 procharger and make 600+ Rwhp i bet shipping costs for a VT shortblock across the Atlantic would be interesting......on the serious note, just do the blower, make 420rwhp, put a huge *** American flag in your back window and make the Germans think WWII is back on[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

+1, get the blower. You are WELL over the price of a supercharger kit already, and will have about 310/320 to show for it.

There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with a mail order tune so long as it is from an experenced shop that has done plenty of tunes on your specific type of car. I would never run a tune directly from SCT/diablo though.

My MPH tune was completely dead on the very first time, I never even had to get the programmer out at the dyno shop. All you need to do is install it and then check the air/fuel ratio.

Quick Reply: Total Hp gains???