4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT with mods vs. SRT-4 with mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

Default GT with mods vs. SRT-4 with mods

Hey guys... I currently have a stripped 2001 GT with long tube headers, x-pipe with no cats or mufflers, tuned with a predator, UD pulleys, and am installing my 3.73's as we speak. I just got the Ford Racing carbon trac-lock rebuild kit. My current best before gears is a 13.5. My question is... Will I be able to take care of a SRT-4 with supposedly $1k of engine mods (intercooler, AGP wastegate actuator, intake, exhaust, suspension)? He claims a 13.3 with a 1.9 60-foot on street tires. Hard to believe... I think with my fresh locker and gears, I'd be able to kill him on a launch when he's relying on FWD powertrain and street tires. The race is worth $100... Should I embarrass him?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT with mods vs. SRT-4 with mods

Ehhh...I'd say it might be a decent race from a dig, but from a roll it could get ugly. I wouldn't bet more than I'd be willing to lose though...its definitely not a sure thing.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ohoneandahalf

Hey guys... I currently have a stripped 2001 GT with long tube headers, x-pipe with no cats or mufflers, tuned with a predator, UD pulleys, and am installing my 3.73's as we speak. I just got the Ford Racing carbon trac-lock rebuild kit. My current best before gears is a 13.5. My question is... Will I be able to take care of a SRT-4 with supposedly $1k of engine mods (intercooler, AGP wastegate actuator, intake, exhaust, suspension)? He claims a 13.3 with a 1.9 60-foot on street tires. Hard to believe... I think with my fresh locker and gears, I'd be able to kill him on a launch when he's relying on FWD powertrain and street tires. The race is worth $100... Should I embarrass him?
Just on my personal experience, I beat a heavily modded SRT-4 with my STOCK Bullitt...... maybe the guy couldn't drive, but I beat him twice. Good Luck and think about what you are going to get with your 100 bucks....
Old 03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

It's gonna be from a dig. I'm heavily doubting his "godlike" launch. He happens to be one of those UTI kids that talks a lot of smack. I already took out his buddy who has an integra that supposedly beats on Mustangs all day. From a roll also. For the record, I go to UTI also, but I don't talk crap like these kids do.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

yeah SRT-4s cant launch for Sh*t!!!
I don;t believe the 1.9 on streets, especially with those mods
Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tool fan

Just on my personal experience, I beat a heavily modded SRT-4 with my STOCK Bullitt...... maybe the guy couldn't drive, but I beat him twice. Good Luck and think about what you are going to get with your 100 bucks....
The guy couldnt drive for nothing in your case. A stock SRT-4 and a stock 99-04 GT are neck in neck in a race. Now I'm not sure whatyou mean by heavily modded, butI'm sure either way it goes a lightly modded SRT-4 with a decent driver wouldbeat yourcar. The guy you raced shifted from 1st to 4th, then to 5th after 1 second.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

yeah SRT-4s cant launch for Sh*t!!!
I don;t believe the 1.9 on streets, especially with those mods
If the driver knows how to drive, any car can be launched right. There are plenty of SRT-4's in the mid to low 13's with under $1,000 spent. And probably even more in the 12's with under $2,000 spent. They respond very well to mods and can hit low 14's stock.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
tool fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

The guy couldnt drive for nothing in your case. A stock SRT-4 and a stock 99-04 GT are neck in neck in a race. Now I'm not sure whatyou mean by heavily modded, butI'm sure either way it goes a lightly modded SRT-4 with a decent driver good beat yourcar. The guy you raced shifted from 1st to 4th, then to 5th after 1 second.
I have the race on video and when I figure out how to uploaf, I will let you make the determination.

Heavily modded.... he clained to have about 7k in mods
Old 03-10-2007, 10:28 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

The guy couldnt drive for nothing in your case. A stock SRT-4 and a stock 99-04 GT are neck in neck in a race. Now I'm not sure whatyou mean by heavily modded, butI'm sure either way it goes a lightly modded SRT-4 with a decent driver good beat yourcar. The guy you raced shifted from 1st to 4th, then to 5th after 1 second.
I have the race on video and when I figure out how to uploaf, I will let you make the determination.

Heavily modded.... he clained to have about 7k in mods
Like I said, you beat a very, very sh*tty driver.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:52 AM
breagles
2nd Gear Member

I don't think you can beat an srt-4 . When my GT was N/A I only got beat twice by an srt-4 with heavy mods and an srt-4 stage 2 stock . I had 3.73's , mac cai , crane cams hr-228/5502s-12 , underdrive pullies , bbk 75mm tb and c&l plenum , flowtech off road h pipe , diablochip , 2100 stall ,and flowmasters . Look alot of people claim they can beat an srt but I think they're just talkin' smack . I can blow one away now thanks to vortech .I hate srt's but forced induction is hard to beat so I wouldn't bet .

Quick Reply: GT with mods vs. SRT-4 with mods