4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally Pictures!!!*56K beware

Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally Pictures!!!*56K beware

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

Wow, that's nice. Besides the exhaust and intake what else do you have to change? What are you going to do about the intake?
I also have to move the fuel lines to the other side of the car. I have to do something with the vortech mounting bracket to make it fit on the 5.4's timing cover. As far as the intake goes I'm just going to fit an alumium plate on the top and run the throttle body on top of that. I don't think this is how it's going to be when it's all said and done but it'll get it running. I'll have to see how the short runner length reacts on the dyno. I'm hoping it won't make a big difference with the boost and all.

I'll will definitely get some videos of it on the dyno when it comes time for that.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:49 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amoosenamedhank

Wow, that's nice. Besides the exhaust and intake what else do you have to change? What are you going to do about the intake?
I also have to move the fuel lines to the other side of the car. I have to do something with the vortech mounting bracket to make it fit on the 5.4's timing cover. As far as the intake goes I'm just going to fit an alumium plate on the top and run the throttle body on top of that. I don't think this is how it's going to be when it's all said and done but it'll get it running. I'll have to see how the short runner length reacts on the dyno. I'm hoping it won't make a big difference with the boost and all.

I'll will definitely get some videos of it on the dyno when it comes time for that.
What is that lower intake off of?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

damn the block looks exactly the same, its the same block just stroked right. But damn that things gonna fly.

PS. champangue of beersFTW!.....jk i wouldnt know im to young
Old 03-11-2007, 11:57 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amoosenamedhank

What is that lower intake off of?
It's a lightning lower intake manifold.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

That's what I was thinking. Why do you have to run the fuel lines to the other side?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

That's what I was thinking. Why do you have to run the fuel lines to the other side?
Because the fuel rail for the 5.4 is set up for the drivers side. I guess I could try and do something in the engine bay. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

UUMM... What kind of power can that motor handle? is it stock internals? Built motor? what kind of numbers are you looking for?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

Nice work! Its cool to see some custom header work Jesse James style. Just goes to show what you can do when you set your mind to it.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

very nice. That is gonna be sweet when it is done.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Im gettin a fukin hard on just lookin at it! Wish I had a garage I could do all that in!

BTW... Miller High Life ROCKS! Although we prefer to call it Low Life.... there is NOTHIN better than walking through the Bellagio drinkin a 32oz Low Life wrapped in a paper bag! People lookin at you like your a low life degenerate! LMAO... good stuff!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally Pictures!!!*56K beware