4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

For those of you that think street racing is cool

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:50 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: For those of you that think street racing is cool

Wow that's bad crash, sorry to hear of the loss & hope the lady gets better too.

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

anybody know who or what I have to talk to / do in order to try and get a dragstrip closer to my area?
You know, while that is a nice idea in concept,,, even if you did manage to open up a dragstrip nearby it probably won't help. Yes kids will go to the track & race especially because they will be able to get actual E/T numbers they can brag about. However, they will STILL STREETRACE because to them it is too much of an adrenaline rush. Kids all think they're indestructible and "I won't crash I know what I am doing" & they'll look at you with an insulted look on their face for even thinking they're creating a dangerous hazard to innocent people. I wouldn't be surprised if you asked that very kid who died in his Tiburon in that photo before the accident, he would have said that too.

I hate to say it but the only real deterrent to street racing is for the cops to enforce extreme fines, like maybe "get caught street racing & you will LOSE your car". That might be a sufficicient detterent
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
^iLLuSiOn^
2nd Gear Member

thats how it is on long island.. they take your car away, but they just voted down opening a track 10 minutes from me so i guess the government doesnt care enough to help.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I agree 100%
As a firefighter I've seen this happen many a time and to a few people I know. Can you imagine rolling to the scene and seeing a friend/relative
Oxford-sorry for your loss[&o]
Old 03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Daveo2k6
2nd Gear Member

i will not lie i street race anything that steps up to me, and im always driving like a a$$hole.. but seeing stuff like this makes me think i wont say i will never street race again but next time the opportunity comes up ill remember this and maybe ill decide to just let the other guy go.. sorry to hear about this hope the lady gets better
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

To those suggesting opening a near by track will help that almost never happens. I know a few people who frequently street race. Once I told them they should just take it to the track and they told me "it's funner on the street, running from the police is cool."

So yea a track might deter some people but the complete idiots will still remain on the street. If you go to the track you'll never see the same cars that are usually "street racing." Ricers don't really come to the track too much...and I'm talking about the ricer attidude not the cars they drive.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Wow, thats a bad wreck. He mustve been going VERY fast. Sorry for your loss, Im sure the lady will be just fine, her car didnt look nearly as bad on the drivers side.
I also agree that street racing is totally stupid. I too am guilty of it, I havent done it since I was a kid but I have done it. Looking back at it now its amazing Im still alive.
Unfortunatly, I have to agree with the statement about going somewhere secluded if there are no tracks accessible. If you choose to kill yourself then by all means go for it. But dont endanger others. And from what I can tell is that both this kid and the guy in the neon were racing on a VERY busy road (6 lanes). Even if you street race, that is probably the STUPIDEST place EVER to race.
Regardless, sorry for you and your wifes loss. Hope the lady gets better.
-P.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Chrome99
2nd Gear Member

Thats horrible that the kid died...BUT you take chances everytime you do anything... PLENTY of people die racing at the track too, you just have to be smarter about it on the street. Racing in traffic is not smart at all...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:44 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

I do agree with saying street racing is stupid... to a degree... if the situation calls for it I will race on the street, say from a stoplight, but this is only with no traffic around, and only for about a quarter mile, obviously this accident in question was an extreme speed, he probably lost control weaving in and out of traffic. Back a few years ago before "The Fast and The Furious" came out street racers here in Vegas would meet every Saturday night in a parking lost and pick a SECLUDED road to race on... a construction road only used during the day, a peice of unfinished freeway, etc. We have ALOT of such roads on the outskirts of Vegas! Now day's I don't even bother with the races, every kid in his moms Honda with a fart pipe comes out and does doughnuts, slides around like a Jackass, races before the other 2 are done... then they race back up the street while 2 other cars are racing in the opposite direction! The Cops bust them up every 5 mins.! It seems they actually LIKE getting chased out by the cops! The day's of trailer cars, Vipers, and Vettes at the street races is long gone... the way people drive now when racing, the places/situations they choose to do it have long gone away from anything sane!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chrome99

Thats horrible that the kid died...BUT you take chances everytime you do anything... PLENTY of people die racing at the track too, you just have to be smarter about it on the street. Racing in traffic is not smart at all...
Exactly. I am a firm believer in if it's your time to go, then it's your time to go. It took 13 mos in OIF 1 to realize that. I don't want to come across as a d*ck or nothing, but you could be the granny driving along the right way or the *** speeding.
Everyone into fast cars have raced at one time or another. Don't preach because it happened close to home. You are lying to us all if you say you never gave it gas, on the street, in an exhibition of speed with another vehicle. All it takes is that one time and that picture could happen to anybody.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:58 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

omg. thats a tiberon? i seriously had no clue what the hell it was.
thats a bad accident. you will never get people to stop street racing. thats just what ppl do.

Quick Reply: For those of you that think street racing is cool