4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

thinking of the New Trickflow intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:39 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: thinking of the New Trickflow intake

I don't think you will get 30 or 20 RWHP with this intake unless you have larger heads. My guess is about 10 RWHP always ads overstate.
+1. I would also assume they would make it to fit aftermartket CAI's, but the design looks like the bullitt intake, and it uses seperate CAI, as they are positioned in different locations. This is normal location:

this is a bullitt setup:

The plenums of each are not in the same location, and the angles are different.
Here is the trickflow:

The trickflow does seem closer to the stock location and angle than the bullitt, but it still seems they would be a little off. I dont know though. It probably does fit.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 PM
00perfredgt
1st Gear Member

What kind of mid range power increase does it make. You don`t spend that much time at 6000 rpm. That`s something I`d like to know before buying one.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sstang

I don't think you will get 30 or 20 RWHP with this intake unless you have larger heads. My guess is about 10 RWHP always ads overstate.
+1. I would also assume they would make it to fit aftermartket CAI's, but the design looks like the bullitt intake, and it uses seperate CAI, as they are positioned in different locations. This is normal location:

this is a bullitt setup:

The plenums of each are not in the same location, and the angles are different.
Here is the trickflow:

The trickflow does seem closer to the stock location and angle than the bullitt, but it still seems they would be a little off. I dont know though. It probably does fit.
Well I would guess it would suck if I had a bullitt but its going into a GT in the bullits case you would have to get a aftermarket Cold air intake. The GT air intake is in roughly the same spot as where the trickflow plenum is so yea it should fit hopefully lol! or Trickflow are liars !!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
dirtystang04
2nd Gear Member

it looks like the trick flow manifold eliminates the need for a plenum?? You just use your current throttle body?? Anybody know if you have to remove the fuel rails to get it in? Im too lazy to go outside and look[&:]
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 AM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00perfredgt

What kind of mid range power increase does it make. You don`t spend that much time at 6000 rpm. That`s something I`d like to know before buying one.
Almost all of these aftermarket manifolds make their power in ranges a stock engine cant reach. Adding an aftermarket manifold is next to worthless on a N/A ( and stock internal)car.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:33 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sstang

I don't see that intake bolting to the stock air pipe. I'm referring to the pipe that goes from the air filter to the throttle body.

isnt it like 800 for only like 30 HP(MAYBE?) : /
He won't gain 30 hp. I wouldn't see any more than 15 rwhp at the most. The factory intake is not that bad at flowing, plastic is its only downfall. If he has the money though, it would be good for him though since he will be running nitrous. A nitrous backfire will fugg up the stock intake. I havnt seen any dyno results yet from this intake though, so Im not completely sure. All i know is most after market intake manifoldsdont do well on a stock N/A engine.
You shouldn't ever have backfire issuesif the system is set up properly!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

You shouldn't ever have backfire issuesif the system is set up properly!!!
Your right, but there are many who do it!

Well I would guess it would suck if I had a bullitt
No it wouldn't, because then you wouldn't need the intake!

it looks like the trick flow manifold eliminates the need for a plenum??
Yes, the plenum is the part that comes around from the back of the intake.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red2k1gt

ORIGINAL: 00perfredgt

Almost all of these aftermarket manifolds make their power in ranges a stock engine cant reach. Adding an aftermarket manifold is next to worthless on a N/A ( and stock internal)car.
+1

I really want to see someone, both a n/a car and a FI car, dyno test this thing with before and after tests. Its the cheapest manifold yet (even if it was supposed to be 500 at first) that looks like it might acutally add power along with replacing the plastic (unlike the PPs etc).

I know the bullitt intakes are supposed to be great for FI cars, and this intake looks like it could be ported? The entire point of it was to make a intake based on the bullitt intake that had the stock GT locations so you could boltup GT aftermarket to it.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

I was seriously thinking about getting either this one or THR's Hardballr intake. Haven't decided yet cause I don't have the money for it yet. But I need to replace mine eventually. Freakin cracked intake[:@]
Old 03-14-2007, 06:17 PM
ratherBracin
1st Gear Member

A while ago I posted a article out of MM&FF where they dynoed a bullit with A pretty large gain using a Procharger. I beleive it was 38HP. I will be selling my 75 mm Acufab in about two weeks if he is not in too much of a hurry.