4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

thinking of the New Trickflow intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default thinking of the New Trickflow intake

ok so my buddy has a 2001 mustang GT. He is thinking of getting the new Trickflow 2v intake this one http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

He is wandering which throttle body to get I suggested the Accufab 75mm to go with it http://www.americanmuscle.com/ac75pothbo9g.html.

Or maybe the BBK I don't think its gonna matter the Accufab jus looks nicer and for $10 or so more why not lol.

Which throttlebody would you get to compliment this Intake?

I know the intake jus hit the market and he has been waiting for the oppurtunity to get a new intake cause his plastic one cracked and weve been hearing a lot of hype and good things about this intake so he is gonna try it and if it turns out to be good I am gonna get one too. thoughts?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: thinking of the New Trickflow intake

Any 75mm will be fine really. What intake piping is he gonna go with?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sstang

Any 75mm will be fine really. What intake piping is he gonna go with?
Intake piping? Not quite sure what your talking about... Can you explain pls.

I was under the impression the trickflow 2v intake is a bolt-on it should work with the stock setup well it says direct bolt on in its descriptions Ive read. And it has a 75mm bore so if anything you had to get it would be a 75mm throttle body that was my impression.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
thornton02GT
2nd Gear Member

isnt it like 800 for only like 30 HP(MAYBE?) : /
Old 03-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thornton02GT

yea its expensive lol but he plans to add nitrous and its not a good idea to run nitrous with the stock intake for very long . Also his cracked and he needs a new one and most intakes for our cars that are aftermarket are $600 + and the factory one is good but its plastic and it doesnt like when you supercharge or add nitrous for very long so Ive heard.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

I don't see that intake bolting to the stock air pipe. I'm referring to the pipe that goes from the air filter to the throttle body.

He won't gain 30 hp. I wouldn't see any more than 15 rwhp at the most. The factory intake is not that bad at flowing, plastic is its only downfall. If he has the money though, it would be good for him though since he will be running nitrous. A nitrous backfire will fugg up the stock intake. I havnt seen any dyno results yet from this intake though, so Im not completely sure. All i know is most after market intake manifoldsdont do well on a stock N/A engine.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

There was a post over at another site. Supposedly it was straight from trickflow that on a bone stock 02 GTit made 20rwhp at 6000 rpm.

Ive heard that its designed as a direct bolt in. Its supposed to be able to use the normal inake tube and it looks like it will.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sstang

I don't see that intake bolting to the stock air pipe. I'm referring to the pipe that goes from the air filter to the throttle body.

He won't gain 30 hp. I wouldn't see any more than 15 rwhp at the most. The factory intake is not that bad at flowing, plastic is its only downfall. If he has the money though, it would be good for him though since he will be running nitrous. A nitrous backfire will fugg up the stock intake. I havnt seen any dyno results yet from this intake though, so Im not completely sure. All i know is most after market intake manifoldsdont do well on a stock N/A engine.
O Are you talking about the CAI (Cold air intake) setup?He has a CAI intake setup on it now its not the stock one I don't know what it is but I am sure it should be ok since they all bolt up to the throttle body inthe same spot I believe.
If worse comes to worse I still have my stock piping and we can modify that to work with it. But according to the descriptions.
I am sure trickflow designed this intake to work with after market cai setups it would be retarded not too since 90% of people modding these cars thats the first thing they do is change the cai.

Qutoed from summit racings description for the intake.

Track Heat performance for 4.6L 2V Ford Mustangs.

Add some ponies to your Mustang with Trick Flow's Track Heat 4.6L 2V intake manifolds. Designed for hot street and track-ready 4.6L SOHC Mustangs, the Track Heat 4.6L 2V manifolds improve performance in the meat of the engine's powerband between 1,500 and 6,500 rpm with unported cylinder heads and 1,500 and 7,200 rpm with aftermarket or ported cylinder heads. The secret lies with the symmetrical high-velocity intake ports and 75mm throttle body inlet, which work together to substantially increase airflow and distribute it evenly to the cylinders. With these revolutionary intakes, you will be rewarded with big increases in performance over more expensive manifolds! Plus, the intakes' A319 aluminum construction is not affected by nitrous like weak, plastic factory manifolds. And don't worry about hood clearance--the Track Heat intakes are direct bolt-on replacements for stock and will fit under any stock-height hood. "

So I am assuming by the description it works with all the stock stuff since in the description it clearly states it but I guess I wont know till I go to do it lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
thornton02GT
2nd Gear Member

hm...i plan on nitrous as well, I probally wouldnt buy it until mine cracked as well, thats just to much money..
Old 03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

I don't think you will get 30 or 20 RWHP with this intake unless you have larger heads. My guess is about 10 RWHP always ads overstate.

Quick Reply: thinking of the New Trickflow intake