MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   twin turbo vs supercharger (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/258712-twin-turbo-vs-supercharger.html)

Speeder_069 03-14-2007 02:35 AM

twin turbo vs supercharger

ok well i am going to put money into my 2003 mustang GT....i was wanting to know what i will have to do to make my motor handel 600 hp...i know i will have to chang my block and what else would i have to chang......and how much do u think all the parts and laber will cost...thank u for the replys

geetee03 03-14-2007 03:01 AM

RE: twin turbo vs supercharger

~10k

SINISTER 03-14-2007 03:02 AM

You are going to have your work cut out for you working with the 2V platform. As you stated, you'll need a new motor setup, forged and maybe bored out a bit, and severely worked heads. And you'll have to decide on your preferred method of F/I, whether it be supercharger or turbo. That is a decision you will have to make looking at a number of factors, including what you want to use the car for (i.e. track only, street, etc.). Good luck with the project, and be prepared to spend thousands of dollars.

2000GT4.6 03-14-2007 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

You are going to have your work cut out for you working with the 2V platform. As you stated, you'll need a new motor setup, forged and maybe bored out a bit, and severely worked heads. And you'll have to decide on your preferred method of F/I, whether it be supercharger or turbo. That is a decision you will have to make looking at a number of factors, including what you want to use the car for (i.e. track only, street, etc.). Good luck with the project, and be prepared to spend thousands of dollars.
It isn't nessicary to even touch the heads or intake manifold to make 600 WHP. A good forged shortblock, custom ground cams, a good form of FI and the fuel system to support it will get you there easy.

MPH has a intercooled Novi 2000 making 60x with the stock heads, intake, custom cams, full boltons, and fuel system. This is on a 93 octane tune!

Adam03GT 03-14-2007 03:28 AM

600hp.. That would be scary as shi* to drive. You would honestly have problems getting traction if you dropped gears going 50mph.

racer02GTstang 03-14-2007 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

600hp.. That would be scary as shi* to drive. You would honestly have problems getting traction if you dropped gears going 50mph.
my old setup with 440rwhp would spin tires at above 60... i think with 600rwhp on street tires would spin around maybe up to 100.... with some drag radials, it may spin up to like 40ish..

SINISTER 03-14-2007 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

It isn't nessicary to even touch the heads or intake manifold to make 600 WHP. A good forged shortblock, custom ground cams, a good form of FI and the fuel system to support it will get you there easy.

MPH has a intercooled Novi 2000 making 60x with the stock heads, intake, custom cams, full boltons, and fuel system. This is on a 93 octane tune!
I just figured that doing that extra work on the new forged assembly would making the power easier, and enable you to make more if you so desired down the road. . . since we all know there is no such thing as "too much power" haha.

Aereon 03-14-2007 03:53 AM

600 hp your looking at maybe 20k, you'll need forged internals, beefed up rear, better tires, better suspension, tranny, and if smog is not an issue get the tt's if it is go with a sc.

NXgt 03-14-2007 04:15 AM

Your block is fine. You need a fully forged bottom end with h- beam rods over I- beam to handle 600hp for the long run.

Albrutis 03-14-2007 07:55 AM

Like Aeron said. Expensive. Forced induction choice =5,000-7,000, Trany=2,000, Forged internal kit=1,500-2,500
Tires=400+, Rear end=900-1,500, Rear Suspension=1,500. And don't forget that that much power will get you killed if you
can not stop. So say another 1,500 or so for good brakes. This is a very simple list.There is more that will also add up.
I would estimate 16,000 for a basic and safe way to achiece and use 600 Horses