4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Suggestions - Full Suspension or Gears+Tuner?

Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

Default Suggestions - Full Suspension or Gears+Tuner?

Okay heres the situation i am currently in...

i already have my Eibach Pro-Kit for my car and was planning to get bilsteins (non-adjustables for the reason being that i wont be able togo to thetrack/strip as much as i would like to, to be able to adjust them), Full-Length Subframe Connectors, and maybe come C&C plates(is it worth buying? what does it actualy do?)but now that i think about it, its going to be more expensive than i thought. on top of that, i wanted to buy a tuner+gears(3.73 for F/I in the future) since my car is running pretty rich, my car reaks gasoline (smell) and i get roughly 12/13mpg city/highway combined, i've been holding back on getting it dyno tuned, but a dyno tune isn't much cheaper than the tuner itself and i would rather be able to flash it w/o paying someone to do it.

so im a bit confused on what to do really... any suggestions? maybe a different kinda of Shocks&Struts? was looking at tokico but the whole adjusting idea wont serve its whole purpose to me since i wont be able to go to the track as much as i like to. would i need cc plates if im lowering my car w/ the Pro-Kit?

thanks for reading and for your help
Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Suggestions - Full Suspension or Gears+Tuner?

ORIGINAL: jEEd

Okay heres the situation i am currently in...

i already have my Eibach Pro-Kit for my car and was planning to get bilsteins (non-adjustables for the reason being that i wont be able togo to thetrack/strip as much as i would like to, to be able to adjust them), Full-Length Subframe Connectors, and maybe come C&C plates(is it worth buying? what does it actualy do?)but now that i think about it, its going to be more expensive than i thought. on top of that, i wanted to buy a tuner+gears(3.73 for F/I in the future) since my car is running pretty rich, my car reaks gasoline (smell) and i get roughly 12/13mpg city/highway combined, i've been holding back on getting it dyno tuned, but a dyno tune isn't much cheaper than the tuner itself and i would rather be able to flash it w/o paying someone to do it.

so im a bit confused on what to do really... any suggestions? maybe a different kinda of Shocks&Struts? was looking at tokico but the whole adjusting idea wont serve its whole purpose to me since i wont be able to go to the track as much as i like to. would i need cc plates if im lowering my car w/ the Pro-Kit?

thanks for reading and for your help
So far as the tune, if the car really is running rich your gonna need a custom dyno tune, not just a generic on a handheld. Do you have a o/r midpipe? If so, what you are smelling is not nessicarrily the car running rich. Before the FI my car smelled rich but was more lean if anything.

I would highly recommend getting a set of adjustables. I have thanked myself a dozen times over since getting them. Even on the street it makes a big difference, as you can set it for weight transfer if you want to play around or go racing, and once you get back on the street set it to a more stiff ride for better handling.

That being said, are you having traction problems now? If not, I would skip the suspension and get the gears + tuner. If the car doesn't have enough to cause traction problems the suspension won't do much for you.

BTW. the strage adjustables are about 360 bucks + tax and shipping, fairly reasonable.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

alright i'll look into those "strange" shocks&struts... but umm what about those C&C plates???

heres the mods i have ..
2.5" O/R H Pipe with Flowmaster catback 2.5"piping w/ 3.5"tail pipe
and just a JLT Performance Ram Air Intake - took off the CAI adaptor

stopped modding for a little because im not sure what to get yet... LT's would be nice but like i wouldnt be able to pass emission and im in california...

and im not sure if it came w/ aftermarket gears/cams/tune n stuff because my car is pretty fast and can keep up w/ stock/lightly modded PI stangs (unless they werent trying.. since we were going at it about 120+mph) - bought from a dealership where they just got the car in that day and just finished buffing it.

since i've gotten these mods, my stang's mpg got ****tier n ****tier... from 17 to 12.
and it really smells like gasoline, i've noticed it more and more now + my car idles rough a little..sometimes.. its wierd..
Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

ttt

suggestions thanks