4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 v. Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 1 v. Evo MR

I think that w/ equal drivers, he has you. If he is new/ isnt used to AWD, you have a good possibility that he will bog. I watched my friend w/ a WRX get beat by a Cobalt out of the hole on the launch because of bogging. I think it is going to get close.

Now, to you others; what is up w/ saying,"Race from a roll." Wouldnt all of you beat calling a guy a ricer or something ifa guy in a Civicwanted to run from a roll and the Mach wanted a dig? You would all say a real race is from a dig. And calling the EVO MR a Ricer???? What is up w/ that? They are awesome cars and I have not met one ricer that drives an MR or EVO at all for that matter. I think that they guy does sound like a tool but, that car is not rice at all. I dont mean to call anyone out but, I think that we are suffering from some tunnel vision or trying to play both sides of the fence IMHO.

Finally, beat him!!! Hopefully you have the driver mod and he is new so you can take him.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zoie_daGT

I think that w/ equal drivers, he has you. If he is new/ isnt used to AWD, you have a good possibility that he will bog. I watched my friend w/ a WRX get beat by a Cobalt out of the hole on the launch because of bogging. I think it is going to get close.

Now, to you others; what is up w/ saying,"Race from a roll." Wouldnt all of you beat calling a guy a ricer or something ifa guy in a Civicwanted to run from a roll and the Mach wanted a dig? You would all say a real race is from a dig. And calling the EVO MR a Ricer???? What is up w/ that? They are awesome cars and I have not met one ricer that drives an MR or EVO at all for that matter. I think that they guy does sound like a tool but, that car is not rice at all. I dont mean to call anyone out but, I think that we are suffering from some tunnel vision or trying to play both sides of the fence IMHO.

Finally, beat him!!! Hopefully you have the driver mod and he is new so you can take him.
+1 I say he just waits until the nitto's can be put on and go from a dig but if he really thinks that he will lose than he can pretend he drives an SRT-4 and do a 40 mph roll.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:03 PM
GrnStang96
1st Gear Member

My friend has a eagle talon a bit faster then the evo mr and my Mustang. But and this is a BIG BUT he has we have changed no lie ( turbo, turbo lines,valve cover and gasket two times, head and gasket twice, trans twice ,throttle body,master cyl. slave cyl.,timing belt tensioner twice, and other ****) My point is I drive my Stang like dukes of hazard and nothing happens he fixes something ones a month not the Stang so race the MR and kick *** if anything races a couple of times I"am sure something will break. IMPORTS SUCK Sorry i win't of the subject a little, but if he can drive the MR should beat u maybe a car and a half. U should get a supercharger kit and smokem i'am saving up 4 it later guys