4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HP/Trq estimate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:58 PM
SuperNooblet

Default HP/Trq estimate?

Hey yall, I currently have a '03 that is all stock besides a JLT RAI, Accufab 70MM TB/Plenum combo, and messed around with my diablosport II tuner without bringing it to a shop to get really tuned. My question is, with the add-ons I currently have andadding BBK or MAC LT's, underdrive pulley system, Flowmaster super 40's and 4.10 gear set, what kind of HP/Trq am I looking at with adyno tune? Thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HP/Trq estimate?

235-240rwhp 270-280rwtq if you do all those things...no midpipe that will give you some more...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
SuperNooblet

I might as well ask here while I'm reading, where's the best site to shop for cams? I've seen a couple around, but anyone got the best prices in particular?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:49 PM
SuperNooblet

crap, I forgot to ask about EGR eliminators too. I figure I'd get all the questions out there now I guess. I read about EGR eliminators freeing up a bit of HP and improving gas mileage. If it's true, it's definitely worth it buying/installing, but is it true?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Hey yall, I currently have a '03 that is all stock besides a JLT RAI, Accufab 70MM TB/Plenum combo, and messed around with my diablosport II tuner without bringing it to a shop to get really tuned. My question is, with the add-ons I currently have andadding BBK or MAC LT's, underdrive pulley system, Flowmaster super 40's and 4.10 gear set, what kind of HP/Trq am I looking at with adyno tune? Thanks
I'll assume you are adding a midpipe and complete cat-back exhaust. Then you would be around 250 rwhp or so. If you took it to a tuner to have it dyno tuned, you could see maybe 260 rwhp or so. Gears do not add power, and in some cases can rob a couple horses. You can use Royal Purple gear oil to help reduce lost power. Add cams into the mix, with proper tuning of course, and you could see rwhp in the280's. It's all in the tune and how extreme you go.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
SuperNooblet

Ok first.....what exactly is a mid-pipe and what does it do for me?

Second...where can I find cams. I think I posted this question somewhere else but i forgot where.

Third...I really don't know what to put here, but I like to put things in groups of three's.....
Old 03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SuperNooblet

Ok first.....what exactly is a mid-pipe and what does it do for me?

Second...where can I find cams. I think I posted this question somewhere else but i forgot where.

Third...I really don't know what to put here, but I like to put things in groups of three's.....
A midpipe eliminates the factory catalytics and re[places them with either high flow ones or removes them altogether. Your only talking a loss of maybe 3hp with high flows compared to no cats at all! Summit Racing beats prices out there as long as they have a website that has the price listed. They check right wioth you on the phone (the guy told me they do not match ebay prices...so...! I went on ebay and found a set of xe270ah's for $508 and made sure they had a website and directed them there!...lol Also your tuner should do those eliminator things on it so there's no need to buy anything else! You can turn off most of those things!