4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

saturday will be fun

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:25 AM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

Default saturday will be fun

tommorrow will be fun. my ex gf lives 4 houses down. she has a 98 gt her boyfriend really nice guy has a 94 i belive with a 5.0 with some stuff done lowerd side exhaust gt 40 heads and intake and a huge *** cam. well he bought her long tube headers so tommorrow were gunna tear hers apart and start the header install. as im doing that he had an extra set of pro kit springs he gave me for 100 brand new. he will be putting those on and i work on her headers. it will be fun.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 AM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

Default RE: saturday will be fun

it's good to know you're on good terms with your ex... maturity rocks!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

+1 you must have left on good terms. Myself I would not lay a finger on my ex's car.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Do you have experience with installing headers on our mustangs?

It sucks *****... FYI.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:42 AM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

yeah i know i did my own my self. there fun. any thing that is a challange is fun. now i looked at a 32v and dont even wanna think about touching those at all.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:58 AM
4.6LPoppy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

yeah i know i did my own my self. there fun. any thing that is a challange is fun. now i looked at a 32v and dont even wanna think about touching those at all.

OK, I broke my 2V engine on the first run of the season last week and have to pull it. I also have long tube BBK's. You can't pull the engine out the top can you? BBK says I have to drop the K-frame and raise the car off of the engine. I don't have a lift so I'm trying to take the heads off with the header attached and lift it out the top. Have you been this direction before?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 AM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

lol hmm...well if they are so fun and since i just recently found out that you live by me...why dont you come on over and install me some long tube headers!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:09 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djb1187

lol hmm...well if they are so fun and since i just recently found out that you live by me...why dont you come on over and install me some long tube headers!
Ooh ooh, I'm next!!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

djb1187 if and when you get them i dont mind helping you. the only thing is i heard with a vert you need to knotch the k-frame for the lts to clear im not 100% sure but i think you may need to knotch something. i did mine with out droping the k-member and that was quite fun. just put it this way if my sisters kid was around i would have to installed ear muffs on that kid for life.

4.6lpoppy you need to take those lts off to get the engine out. hell you even need to take one off bbk headers off to get the trans out. just be a man get a wrench and start tearing it apart.

oh yeah by the way dustin you need to get that clutch problem fixed before we go crusing because i dont wanna keep smelling burnt clutch all the time. oh and do it before you get longtubes it will make life alot easier
Old 03-17-2007, 12:58 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4.6LPoppy

OK, I broke my 2V engine on the first run of the season last week and have to pull it. I also have long tube BBK's. You can't pull the engine out the top can you? BBK says I have to drop the K-frame and raise the car off of the engine. I don't have a lift so I'm trying to take the heads off with the header attached and lift it out the top. Have you been this direction before?
Yes you can pull the engine out the top, but I don't believe you can with the headers attached! Life is easier to go through the bottom if you want to kep everything attached and make things much faster!

Quick Reply: saturday will be fun