MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   horsepower and torque (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/261202-horsepower-and-torque.html)

Epinephrine186 03-19-2007 01:52 PM

horsepower and torque

I lookin to buy a super charger that will give me the most horsepower and torque...money wont be an option cause ill save til i get it.. but i want it to be able to run off my stock engine w/o messin it up.and run off standard gas. if theres a bigger increase in it by swapping a few parts what parts would i need to interchange for a better supercharger

StriktlyGT 03-19-2007 02:02 PM

RE: horsepower and torque

If you're just going to be running on your stock engine, it doesn't really matter which supercharger you get, cause you'll be limited to around 400 HP. As far as torque goes, if you're looking to feel it from a stop, go Kenne Bell, otherwise it's all about what brand name you think is the coolest.

ZW99GT 03-19-2007 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Epinephrine186

I lookin to buy a super charger that will give me the most horsepower and torque...money wont be an option cause ill save til i get it.. but i want it to be able to run off my stock engine w/o messin it up.and run off standard gas. if theres a bigger increase in it by swapping a few parts what parts would i need to interchange for a better supercharger
If you go FI, then you will DEF need to run 93 all the time. And yes, most poweradders will be able to make more than your engine will hold, so its all about what you want to do with the car.

Epinephrine186 03-19-2007 02:20 PM

i want my car to be quick as possible but still be a street car. anything that i can modify to give me better performance ima try and do. what would i need to modify in order to get top horsepower and torque out of my car without a new engine or anything...its a 2000 gt 4.6L

ZW99GT 03-19-2007 02:22 PM

vortech superchager kit. That comes with all you will need. Keep it around 400rwhp, and it should hold up fine.

ASUSMC 03-19-2007 02:24 PM

Generally Prochargers put down the best numbers for centri's, Kenne Belle 2.2 for the twin screw... They come intercooled which cools the intake air thus allowing more fuel to be added with the air making more power. All make good reliable power, except Powerdyne which are the definition of unreliable.

Vortech, Novi, Procharger, Saleen, Kenne Belle are all good names and blowers which you can find a few people who have each on this site. All depends on your goals for the car.

Yes you should try to do a few bolt on's first EXHAUST is a must because you are pushing all this new air in now you need to get it out. If you are doing a cetrifugal blower (Procharger, Vortech, Novi, or god forbid Powerdyne) then a throttle body and plenum are also good options. Twin screw or roots style (Kenne Belle, Saleen) replace those parts so you don't need them.

jpmustanggt 03-19-2007 02:40 PM

Prochargers put down better numbers sometimes but they come intercooled due to a heating problem that they have.
I'd highly suggest running 93 octane with a blower, you can run 91 but it's alot better with 93.

Mustang_NTriangle 03-19-2007 03:11 PM

Vortech

04mineralgreyGT 03-19-2007 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: StriktlyGT

If you're just going to be running on your stock engine, it doesn't really matter which supercharger you get, cause you'll be limited to around 400 HP. As far as torque goes, if you're looking to feel it from a stop, go Kenne Bell, otherwise it's all about what brand name you think is the coolest.
I feel about 300 lbft of torque off idle. 1st - halfway of 3rd gear are useless on street tires if I am really pounding on it.