4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

getting closer to the end of my motor swap...

Old 03-20-2007, 03:42 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: getting closer to the end of my motor swap...

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Wow, that's awesome man. I had to work 60+ hours a week last summer to get my blower. It was worth it though.
What do you do? You in school?
yea, im a senior in high school...

i work at a higher dollar restraunt dish washing... making 7.75 an hour with 30ish hours a week. next week i will be moving to food prep or cooking because i will be 18 which is around 10-13 an hour.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea, i cant wait to see the car in action either. its been months since ive had her on the road and its really killin me... whats gonna kill me more is the break in period, yet it will still be fun cruisin with the top down in the warm weather.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I know how you feel. I work all the time just to pay for my little project on my car. I am finally getting the heads back for my car sometime this week. The LTs should be at my house tomorrow and the gaskets will be here soon too. Just need to order the cams and get everything back together in time for a grade school reunion I am going to in May. Who has 6 year 8th grade reunions? lol
Old 03-20-2007, 01:11 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00TropicGreenStang

I know how you feel. I work all the time just to pay for my little project on my car. I am finally getting the heads back for my car sometime this week. The LTs should be at my house tomorrow and the gaskets will be here soon too. Just need to order the cams and get everything back together in time for a grade school reunion I am going to in May. Who has 6 year 8th grade reunions? lol
yea, it sucks having your car down forever and the parts being weeks till they come back..

ive never heard of a 8th grade reunion??
Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Having a car down really doessuck; esp. when it is your DD. I have been riding my bike since mid OCT.(Yes, all winter and through about a total of 15-20 inches of snow) I am so excited about getting her back. I just have to decide if it is worth the wait to get the heads done now. I talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said about 10 days but, idk.

Good luck w/ the engine. It is going to big sick when it is running.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

Wow, that's awesome man. I had to work 60+ hours a week last summer to get my blower. It was worth it though.

i work at a higher dollar restraunt dish washing... making 7.75 an hour with 30ish hours a week. next week i will be moving to food prep or cooking because i will be 18 which is around 10-13 an hour.
that sucks, but atleast you get it the honest way

my buddy owns a pool company, $15 under the table, to bad i cant do it in the snow, money treee is getting very small[:@]ive got a beautiful cammed 350 at my buddys house just waiting to go in my camaro but i just dont have the money for anything else i need
Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

that sucks, but atleast you get it the honest way

my buddy owns a pool company, $15 under the table, to bad i cant do it in the snow, money treee is getting very small[:@]ive got a beautiful cammed 350 at my buddys house just waiting to go in my camaro but i just dont have the money for anything else i need
that sucks man... i know the feeling of the money tree.. lol. the 92 isstill the3rd gen right?

zoie, if you have the heads off your car right now, i would reccomend getting them ported just for the reason of once they go back on, you will not want to take them back off. lol.. i know i will never take mine off for the hell of it again... unless a aftermarket head comes out that flows more.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

I tend to agree with you. I dont plan on doing cams til FI but, doing the heads now will give me some gain and compound once I start forcing atmosphere into the engine.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:38 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zoie_daGT

I tend to agree with you. I dont plan on doing cams til FI but, doing the heads now will give me some gain and compound once I start forcing atmosphere into the engine.
are you putting PI or nonPI heads on the new motor? i just say do it now that way you can be lazy and dont have to do it again... plus the price of gaskets is rediculous. head gaskets are 100+
Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zoie_daGT

Having a car down really doessuck; esp. when it is your DD. I have been riding my bike since mid OCT.(Yes, all winter and through about a total of 15-20 inches of snow) I am so excited about getting her back. I just have to decide if it is worth the wait to get the heads done now. I talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said about 10 days but, idk.

Good luck w/ the engine. It is going to big sick when it is running.
That's why, after the last time I had a "Project Car," that was my DD, I learned that having the car down for a month or 2 at a time hurts..

At least the parts are almost done.. And I bet the reason there's a big back-log on Head porting is that Spring is around the corner, and everyone's rushing to get their projects done before the warm weather truly hits.. At least that's how it is in New England..

JT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: getting closer to the end of my motor swap...