4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharger Questions????

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:03 PM
03IronPony
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger Questions????

I have an 03 GT 5 speed, I am looking around for superchargers and I was Just Curious to what you guys think are the best brand and or style? I like Vortech it seems to have the best numbers for the price.Do you think that the screw style superchargers are better, they seem to be quite a bit more expensive? I do not want to dog out go the cheap way, but i dont want to spend an arm anda leg either.Another question i have seen people who have put 42lb injectors along with the blower usually the kits come with 38lb injectors, are the larger injectors a must have or more of a waste. Any Information or opinions are great.

I have another question this may be stupid but i see people talking about using a larger MAF, what exactly is a MAF?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
dirtystang04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Questions????

I'm by no means an "expert", but a twin screw will give you power as soon as you stomp on the throttle. A lot of people prefer the centrifugal style supercharger (vortech, procharger, paxton) because it doesn't start creating boost until 3k rpm's. I've done my research and plan on purchasing the Vortech Mongoose kit from modularpowerhouse.com.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:29 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

For a DD with ultimate low-end tourqe, can't beat the twin screw.

For highest max hp, Centrifical is more efficient.

For greatest reliability and power, TURBO... but you'll never pass smog, if that is an issue.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:09 PM
03IronPony
1st Gear Member

Thanks I'm not sure yet what I really want to go with, the twin screw has the stock appeal like from the 03 Cobras, but i am not really going for like huge hp. I dont race or anything like that but the sound it awsome, not to mention that feeling when you pull up to a civic and just laugh because you know how bad your going to own it haha. I just want to buy a good quality product that will give me that little edge.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:17 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

I've got the procharger p1-sc system and it came with 42 lb injectors. I talked to a guy that had the 38s and he said the duty cycle was maxed out on them with 10 lbs of boost and it was running a little lean. I say go 42 at least on the injectors. I have the same car you have ( 03 gt 5 speed) and it runs great.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 PM
jrhaden
2nd Gear Member

Kenne Bell are the God of superchargers. If you are just lookin for the extra edge why not just puta small NOS kit on youre car. Oh and the Larger MAF is referring to youre M.*** A.irflow S.ensor
Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
03IronPony
1st Gear Member

yeah i am aware of the kenne belland it issweetbut the thing is i would rather spend a few grand on a supercharger then like 800 to 1000 on no2 and worry about refills and lot more stuff that could go wrong andscrew up the engine. Personally I like stangs with it but it seems to me to be more or a import deal. I am not trying to offend anyone by that because i know there are some bad stangs with nos but I vote blower over No2. And the Kenne bell cost it a bit rediculous that is the only reason that it was thrown out.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:31 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

kenne bell is just far too expensive, and the centri is easier to hook up with. I mean not much is going to be more fun then a KB, but the centri is a smarter choice for most people IMO
Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 AM
stangintheblue
1st Gear Member

This might be the de de de question of the year but to centri s/c's whine or is that just roots type?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:19 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

yes they whine too, but not like a kb

Quick Reply: Supercharger Questions????