4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

anybody been pulled over with magnapacks yet???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Fizzics Boy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: anybody been pulled over with magnapacks yet???

An offroad pipe and pretty much any muffler is going to be loud.The cats are what muffle a lot of the sound.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Whe the f*ck do you need to drink and drive to have a good time, you should be able to have enough of a good time in your car without any kind of "Oops I killed little Jimmy and his family" drinking and driving sh*t. I dont condone that **** and probably would knock you one if I cought you doing that **** in my town. Not saying that I wont like you as a friend, even if my friend was doing that I would still knock him one and drive him home.

I dont think you will have a problem with the sound of the car, I have been way louder past cops in cali (No Mufflers on my 05' F150 5.4L) dumped just before the Y and only 2 cats. As long as you get off the gas and idle past them your fine.

My father does the "Just a couple is fine" thing so I know the responce I will get when I tell you, you should not do that sh*t, you are taking the lives of many people into your hands and in the off chance that it wasnt your fault you will still receive full blaim because you should have not been on the road at all.

I have a little girl and if she was taken away from me they couldnt put me away long enough for the things I would do to that person that took her from me.

-Eric-
Old 03-21-2007, 04:18 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

Whe the f*ck do you need to drink and drive to have a good time, you should be able to have enough of a good time in your car without any kind of "Oops I killed little Jimmy and his family" drinking and driving sh*t. I dont condone that **** and probably would knock you one if I cought you doing that **** in my town. Not saying that I wont like you as a friend, even if my friend was doing that I would still knock him one and drive him home.

I dont think you will have a problem with the sound of the car, I have been way louder past cops in cali (No Mufflers on my 05' F150 5.4L) dumped just before the Y and only 2 cats. As long as you get off the gas and idle past them your fine.

My father does the "Just a couple is fine" thing so I know the responce I will get when I tell you, you should not do that sh*t, you are taking the lives of many people into your hands and in the off chance that it wasnt your fault you will still receive full blaim because you should have not been on the road at all.

I have a little girl and if she was taken away from me they couldnt put me away long enough for the things I would do to that person that took her from me.

-Eric-
+1 to that dont be a dick and drink and drive its just a accident waiting to happen.

and if you get pulled over for exhaust then you most likly wont get a ticket.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:27 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

Bassssaaani.......is the ****. I have a short clip of my Bassani cat-back if anyone's interested. Just the cat-back on stock everything else...cept for an intake which shouldn't make much of a difference.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

no but i have been pulled over with bassani o/r x pipe and c/b
Old 03-21-2007, 04:31 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ceekay84

no but i have been pulled over with bassani o/r x pipe and c/b
I haven't been pulled over with my exhaust, which works out pretty well...At idle it's pretty quiet. But, of course, if you get on it - she awakens.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:33 AM
FLMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

i've got an entire SLP system-LT's, catted X-pipe, and LM1's and their perfect. they're not to loud when you drive normal and if you want to get someones attention they scream. also when driving normal they hit their loudest at about 3K and its really not that loud. i'd go w/ the LM1's cause i think you can control they way you want them to sound. never had a problem w/ cops and i've been at 3k when i was close to one.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:35 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

It's pretty much common sense...Mustang=loud. If I were a cop, I wouldn't waste my time. It's a frickin Stang. The car was meant to be loud right outta the factory.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:35 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

i've had my 'packs for 3 years and no cop has ever told me my exhaust is too loud. i still have the 'packs now along with long tubes and an o/r h and nothing.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:47 AM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

never been pulled for exhaust and mine is very loud, packs and O/R x pipe clip in my sig if u wnana hear

Quick Reply: anybody been pulled over with magnapacks yet???