4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is it worth that?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
jmat2407
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is it worth that?

ORIGINAL: saleen036

Hahaha ok i get the point that i shouldnt buy a salvage but if i did, What should i pay for this one???
NO there is no IF. The car obivously has been in a major accident. The trans is gone so it must have ben beat on pretty bad. Not to mention theres probly tons of other problems you dont even know about. 9k? R u kidding me. I might pay $4500. Take you money and go find you something else dont ever even think about that car again.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

add up what the lts, springs and saleens are worth and that is the highest that i would go
Old 03-21-2007, 12:24 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

The only thing that a salvage title means is that when the crash occured, the cost of the damages exceeded the total value of the car, it doesn't mean that the car was a balled up peice of metal before they fixed it. There's nothing wrong with a salvage car as long as the frame isn't twisted or bent and the body work was done correctly. That salvage title also means that the car has been inspected by the state patrol.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:32 AM
saleen036
1st Gear Member

Should i offer $4000 the way it sits? or is that to much?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:36 AM
jmat2407
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

The only thing that a salvage title means is that when the crash occured, the cost of the damages exceeded the total value of the car, it doesn't mean that the car was a balled up peice of metal before they fixed it. There's nothing wrong with a salvage car as long as the frame isn't twisted or bent and the body work was done correctly. That salvage title also means that the car has been inspected by the state patrol.
Maybe so. But none the less is still GREATLY diminishes the retail value of the car. And the fact that the state patrol approved it doesn't meen very much. As long as it has been put back togeather and all lines on the car "appear" to be straight it really isn't that hard to get the car back on the streets. But the salvage title is besides the fact he still needs a new/rebuilt trans. That alone (couples with the bolt ons and 4.10s) strongly suggest that the current/previous owners beat hard on the car and probly abused it often. IMO I think it probly has wayy more problems that it would be worth at almost any price.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:40 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmat2407

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

Maybe so. But none the less is still GREATLY diminishes the retail value of the car. And the fact that the state patrol approved it doesn't meen very much. As long as it has been put back togeather and all lines on the car "appear" to be straight it really isn't that hard to get the car back on the streets. But the salvage title is besides the fact he still needs a new/rebuilt trans. That alone (couples with the bolt ons and 4.10s) strongly suggest that the current/previous owners beat hard on the car and probly abused it often. IMO I think it probly has wayy more problems that it would be worth at almost any price.
Its not that uncommon for a T-45 to crap out at almost 90k miles. Driven hard or not
Old 03-21-2007, 12:47 AM
saleen036
1st Gear Member

Should i offer $4000 the way it sits? or is that to much?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:55 AM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

It's been wrecked, abused, and maybe flooded? I wouldn't fork over more than three grand for that POS mobile.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

it is always a gamble when u buy a salvage car(or even used) so no one can really tell u without really seeing the car and making their own gut decision

sorry but that is what it comes down to, offer a mechanic u know $20 or something to come down and take a look at it with u
Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 AM
qbuswell
2nd Gear Member

the frame might have been bent in an accident and that can never be fix backed to normal....you will have handling problems and uneven tire wear really bad....and water flood garauntees life long rust and major component failure........I would pay $1400 for it if it didn't need a new tranny? Take your time and do more research and be patient.....save up a little bit more $$$ so you can get a safe clear-titled Stang......

Quick Reply: Is it worth that?