4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Subframe Connectors- question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

Default Subframe Connectors- question

Is it worth it to spend 3x the money on Steeda subframe connectors or am I better off spending $40-80 for generic stuff on ebay? Any others you guys recommend?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:38 AM
HMUSN
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Subframe Connectors- question

steeda has good parts but they are way over priced most of the time.
get the maximum motorsports ones.

they are like $150.00 bucks..

if you do get them make sure to get the "full length" ones.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:39 AM
bb 460
1st Gear Member

The steeda's and other good name brands will fit better and be made with better steel.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:39 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I got the blue oval industries ones and I was pretty happy.I had to use a jack to get everything in place, but they do the job and for the price who can complain?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:44 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I got the blue oval industries ones and I was pretty happy.I had to use a jack to get everything in place, but they do the job and for the price who can complain?
HUH??? Your supose to weld those subframe connectors on when the car is perfectly level! Any altering the cars frame you will be welding up the car crooked! I don't understand what you mean?
Most out there are same as Blue Oval Industries as far as material quality. Fitment maybe another issue. Metal pirces are fairly high and companies aren't going to just give away super thick metal for fre..lol Steeda is way overpriced. Maximum motorsports is a little pricey too, but they have descent products! Their subframe set run $129 at American Muscle I believe
Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 AM
HMUSN
2nd Gear Member

nice.. i din't know about those prices..

i payed $72 bucks on a group buy! lol
Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bb 460

The steeda's and other good name brands will fit better and be made with better steel.
They say you get what you pay for eh? I always agreed with that addage...
Old 03-21-2007, 03:51 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HMUSN

steeda has good parts but they are way over priced most of the time.
get the maximum motorsports ones.

they are like $150.00 bucks..

if you do get them make sure to get the "full length" ones.
I found these- http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=382- which are less expensive than the motorsports ones... anyway thanks for the input guys, I'm prolly goin with the Steeda's..keep ya's updated...
Old 03-21-2007, 03:53 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

HUH??? Your supose to weld those subframe connectors on when the car is perfectly level! Any altering the cars frame you will be welding up the car crooked! I don't understand what you mean?
Most out there are same as Blue Oval Industries as far as material quality. Fitment maybe another issue. Metal pirces are fairly high and companies aren't going to just give away super thick metal for fre..lol Steeda is way overpriced. Maximum motorsports is a little pricey too, but they have descent products! Their subframe set run $129 at American Muscle I believe
The car was level, but raised up in the air.

I had to use a jack to get them a little straighter on the frame, and get a good weld. basically I put the jack under the connector and jacked it up till it slightly bent the connector to a better shape. It was pretty simple and worked well.

So long as they are full lenght I have extreme doubts your gonna see any better quailty between the brands (that you will notice anyway). Its nothing more than a piece of steel underneath the car.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:54 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TonySTiX

ORIGINAL: bb 460

They say you get what you pay for eh? I always agreed with that addage...
Not always, but if spending twice the money for the same thing with a different name brand on it will help you sleep better than go for it!
I remember I bought a pair of boots from Dexters shoes(no not dexters labratory...lol) I paid $69 for them
My Father bought the identical pair from some High end store and paid $159 just becasue they had Chippewa brand on them. Identical boot right down to the stitch and shoe laces. Same hooks and rivets that held the soles on! Sorry little off topic, but just shows you that "You get what you pay for" doesn't fly all the time!

Quick Reply: Subframe Connectors- question