4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Which Grill Delete Kit? Please help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
the_most_wanted
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Which Grill Delete Kit? Please help...

thanks davidsv8...did it leave the holes showing or everything was covered and looks good? do you need a special tool for the screws?

No one has that7 Piece Ebay kit??
Old 03-21-2007, 10:31 PM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

No if you get the 3-piece kit (would if you want the best look) it covers up the holes, and looks completely stock. Has a very clean and factory look to it. As far as for the tools, I justed used a screw driver, and crescent wrench, took me about 45 minutes to install at a very slow pace, making sure everything lined up perfect. If you purchase from 50restro the kit comes with all the parts you need, plus easy to follow instructions. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

I got mine from AMerican Muscle, looks Great Comes with Everything you need. I dont know about the Tool they are talking about.... i got mine off fine without a Special tool... o wells either way. it looks cool.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

sorry but I am against the grill deletes! You do realize your radiator is right behind there and floing air cools it down!!! Putting a grill delete kit will only make your car run hotter!
im confused.... a Greille Delete kit will actully get more air without the Grille There.. Thats the only problem with the Grille Delete, If you look at ur Grille eye level thats all you see is the Radiator. I was goanna post a Pic of it but I only have Side pics for that Reason, So u didnt just see the Radiator.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 AM
BuzzCut
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: the_most_wanted

Ok my friend wants to buy a couple sets of grill deletes for his friends/family out of the country...

Which set is the best? Has anyone tried the ebay set (7 Piece set WITH tool!!!!)? The other kits are only 3 piece kits...does it leave the holes open or showing?

American Muscle Kit$89 + Shipping

StangMods Kit$99 Free Shipping

Grill Delete Ebay link$93 + Shipping

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know (Better prices, better kits,etc...)
Thanks!
I got the 7 pc ebay set. I thought it was a quality kit. Money well spent in my opinion. All Ford parts as well, cept for the tool I guess.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:24 AM
BuzzCut
2nd Gear Member

sorry but I am against the grill deletes! You do realize your radiator is right behind there and floing air cools it down!!! Putting a grill delete kit will only make your car run hotter!
Baloney, I don't know what you been smoking but you are wrong, run hotter my ****. And it isn't the radiator, it is the evaporator for the A/C.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i voted other, i got my 3pc from blueovalindustries.com
Old 03-22-2007, 02:30 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BuzzCut

Baloney, I don't know what you been smoking but you are wrong, run hotter my ****. And it isn't the radiator, it is the evaporator for the A/C.

It is the radiator! Just because the A/c condensor "radiator" is in front of the radiator doesn't mean air can't pass through it! I was thinking that the grill delete kit was a complete block out that went accross the front! Either way what's the point? They both look like ***! I like the Pony emblem there! I did the billet style and it looks sweet
Old 03-22-2007, 02:36 AM
HOLLYWOOD99
2nd Gear Member

I got my kit off ebay (essentially it was everything in the stangmods kit) and i guess that, its seven peices if you include the hardware and pony...

just make shure whatever kit you get its got 2 black inserts with it.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 AM
tommy2273boy
5th Gear Member

get the 7pc kit from Mach1Fun guy on eBay.

its the 3pc kit with security screws/tool and instructions [:-]

get this one, with free shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...1052QQtcZphoto

Quick Reply: Which Grill Delete Kit? Please help...