4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Thinking Of SuperCharging My GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
wb_white_boy

Default Thinking Of SuperCharging My GT

i know im sure this post has been up like amillion times, but im tired of trying to look through a thousands post, to find one.....

but i am getting to the mood of supercharging, i dont know much bout them, but i have done a turbo'd one of my cars.
QUESTIONS:
~ what is AROUND the amount of PSI the STOCK motor can handle with minor things done?
~ Would i have to do like head studs, headgasket,..... ect ect.
~ Im up for whichever supercharger ( procharger or top mount ) just have to be affordable.
~ Is it fairly easy, and can be done within a day or two, as its my daily right now, and the bimmer is done right now ( my turbod car )
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Yellow Fever
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking Of SuperCharging My GT

Do you want bottom end power,or top end ?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

boost doesn't kill your motor, the power produced by it does.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
SuperNooblet

ORIGINAL: wb_white_boy

i know im sure this post has been up like amillion times, but im tired of trying to look through a thousands post, to find one.....

but i am getting to the mood of supercharging, i dont know much bout them, but i have done a turbo'd one of my cars.
QUESTIONS:
~ what is AROUND the amount of PSI the STOCK motor can handle with minor things done?
~ Im up for whichever supercharger ( procharger or top mount ) just have to be affordable.
~ Is it fairly easy, and can be done within a day or two, as its my daily right now, and the bimmer is done right now ( my turbod car )
*note, this is not a flame*

- +1 for power being the killer
- s/c tuner kits usually come with all you need, just check in with the good people of these forums to make sureyou are buying the right kit for your needs
- for general knowledge, procharger is a brand of s/c. the term you're looking for is centrifuge (which a procharger is)
- i myself, am hoping that it is easy'ish. i love doing work myself. as long as you don't have to pull the engine out you should be able to (again, i don't know, but i do know that most things are simple enough for me). i would suggest, however, that if you do embark on that project by yourself that you do it in the parking lot of your nearest tuner or at least close. if you dont have the right tune and try to drive it right after a self-install you could quite possibly blow your engine up, for lack of better terminology. most likely running lean on fuel mixture would be the case i'd guess.
<---- not a genius and/or very knowledgeable....

Old 03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
BadSnake711
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the good info!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SuperNooblet

QUESTIONS:

- s/c tuner kits usually come with all you need, just check in with the good people of these forums to make sureyou are buying the right kit for your needs
- for general knowledge, procharger is a brand of s/c. the term you're looking for is centrifuge (which a procharger is)
- i myself, am hoping that it is easy'ish. i love doing work myself. as long as you don't have to pull the engine out you should be able to (again, i don't know, but i do know that most things are simple enough for me). i would suggest, however, that if you do embark on that project by yourself that you do it in the parking lot of your nearest tuner or at least close. if you dont have the right tune and try to drive it right after a self-install you could quite possibly blow your engine up, for lack of better terminology. most likely running lean on fuel mixture would be the case i'd guess.

You mean centrifical, often referred to as a centri.

If anyone has a centrifuge you must have one hell of a big car to fit that in the engine bay!

Just correcting not flaming
Old 03-22-2007, 03:38 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: DTK

QUESTIONS:

If anyone has a centrifuge you must have one hell of a big car to fit that in the engine bay!

you mean centrifugal

Just correcting, not flaming
Old 03-22-2007, 04:04 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

The mongoose kit from MPH will be the best deal for you. You can get a novi 2000, vortech s or sq trim, and you can upgrade to a t-trim. Tim's tune is the best.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:09 PM
SuperNooblet

centrifuge as a noun, centrifugal as an adjective i guess? i don't know much 'bout da anglish....

wether centrifugal or centrifical, don't confuse either of these words with centripetal, otherwisethou shalt be flam'ethed upon.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: DTK

QUESTIONS:

you mean centrifugal

Just correcting, not flaming
You are correct!
I have been corrected but not flamed

Quick Reply: Thinking Of SuperCharging My GT