4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SCT is letting me down..

Old 03-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default SCT is letting me down..

I recently sold my diablosport predator to buy a sct xcal II. I got a pretty good junk out of the predator.. $300. So i'm not too worried about a loss on that.

What upsets me about this xcal though is.. I am getting a P1131 code.. left bank lean. I'm not sure if this is anything to worry about or not.. but the tune is from American Muscle.. I sure hope he got it right.

Another thing is I saw somewhere in the menu something about "5 changes left" or something like that. What the hell is this. At no time when buying the thing did I read anything about "End user adjustability Limited to 5 times"

I am starting to regret getting rid of the predator, It seems like everyone on here yells get an SCT.. If the predator had the 2 step rev limit I would have never let it go..
Old 03-23-2007, 03:36 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SCT is letting me down..

My 2step WILL NOT WORK. Its gay.

And I sold my Predator to switch to SCT for my dyno. I regret it also[:@]
Old 03-23-2007, 03:39 AM
96_LAstang
3rd Gear Member

I was told "5 changes left" means you can change cars 5 times. Meaning you can unlock it and change cars and then it uses1 up.

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

I recently sold my diablosport predator to buy a sct xcal II. I got a pretty good junk out of the predator.. $300. So i'm not too worried about a loss on that.

What upsets me about this xcal though is.. I am getting a P1131 code.. left bank lean. I'm not sure if this is anything to worry about or not.. but the tune is from American Muscle.. I sure hope he got it right.

Another thing is I saw somewhere in the menu something about "5 changes left" or something like that. What the hell is this. At no time when buying the thing did I read anything about "End user adjustability Limited to 5 times"

I am starting to regret getting rid of the predator, It seems like everyone on here yells get an SCT.. If the predator had the 2 step rev limit I would have never let it go..
Old 03-23-2007, 03:39 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Can you download your tune on your computer? If so, download SCT extreme tune on your computer and adjust your 2 step.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Well the 2 step works for me... and its really cool. But hell If i only have 5 times to make up my mind where I want it at thats just dam stupid. I may want it set at 2500 on street tires but at 5000 on m/ts. Hell I may want if off all together. And this is saying I only have 5 times to change my mind...

I agree that one motivation for me to go SCT and get rid of my predator was the local tuners use SCT as well.

Other than that, and the rev limit feature.. I liked the predator just as good They both have their faults I guess.. I do like some features the SCT has.
It uses USB
The 2 step feature
I like the software better
Most tuners use it

But for all of those who make comments about how much better the SCT is than the Predator.. this is just simply wrong. As I stated, they both have their faults.. but neither is simply light years ahead of the other. They both have very similar features.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 AM
96_LAstang
3rd Gear Member

I could never get my computer to download my SCT, it wouldnt recognize the device
Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Can you download your tune on your computer? If so, download SCT extreme tune on your computer and adjust your 2 step.
Yea, I have all the live load stuff. I asked my tuner about it, and he unlocked ALL user options......... But I'll try that. If I get this extreme tune, how would I get it to work in conjunction with my current tunes?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:43 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

"I" don't think there are limits on changes. I am trying to figure out what that screen is saying. Have you called SCT?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

"I" don't think there are limits on changes. I am trying to figure out what that screen is saying. Have you called SCT?
No.. I have emailed Nick at AmericanMuscle but that was only tonight..

What allgo5.0 was saying about the 5 car deal would make since..

I didnt look at how many changes was left when I first got it, but now I'm afraid to mess with it cuz I dont want to use up one of my "5" changes. sheww....

Code.. what you think about the P1131 code.. nick told me he would turn the o2 sensor heaters off.. I dont really know what all he did.. dam thing probably is about to fry
Old 03-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

i dont think that makes much sense either...if you return the car to stock...why would it matter how many times you change cars. i always thought as long as you take off the tune you can change cars as much as you want. that would take resale value off of the SCT...i doubt they would do that. just doesnt seem like itd be a good move on their part.

Edit: when i had gotten my dyno tune i had gotten a P1132 code...which i believe is the same thing...just for a different bank. i cleared the code and it ended up being fine. from my understanding it was just a problem with the 02 sensor when i had gotten the o/r midpipe put on. it was weird when it did it...but the car is totally fine now. did you clear the code?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCT is letting me down..