4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MGW installed!!! finally... lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Default MGW installed!!! finally... lol

After dirty nails caked with RTV, 3 hours, a burning eye from tranny fluid being squirted on me, one cut finger from the damn plastic console and 1 bruised knee from me being an idiot wearing sandles in a sandy garage., MY MGW IS INSTALLED!

First I wanna thank you guys for helping me out with advise and tips on installation. Special thanks to MVR for getting on AIM and helpin me out with the final steps. You da man man.

Here are the pics (and yes I like the shifter snug close to my ***! no more reaching for gears) I set the shifter at about 8:30:\

Here's one from the backseat (yes I know the **** hasn't been tightened yet)

And now the only negative thing about the MGW is my impregnanted outer shift boot which looks odd to me:

Okay now for the good stuff:

The shifter is AMAZING. It goes into gear with a nice satisfying click and the throws are VERY short, but not short enough where you aren't involved with the car. You will never believe how you drove your Stang w/ the stock shifter after you use this thing. It's so much more positive, crisp, and FAST. I was shifting so much faster with this thing because of less time having to row a freakin' boat like the stock shifter. Just looking at the difference in construction makes you wonder what Ford was smoking. The stock shifter is not *** wipingly worthy IMO. I wish I did MGW as my first mod.

It's quiet, I would say quieter than stock! I got the inner dust boot cover and I have no tranny whine like I did before. No sound barely at all, except of the actual shifting but it's barely noticable. Very very very quiet shifter and I would recommend getting the inner dust boot from MGW. I think that has helped quiet thing down.

At under $200 it's a no brainer. 100x's stronger shifter than stock, unbelievable feel, and quicker, firmer, more positive shifts. GREAT mod!

Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MGW installed!!! finally... lol

welcome to the club[sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I have been thinking about trying out a MGW simply for the adjustment it has, gonna have to see if they make em for a TKO
Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Jaybird you ***. Now I'm gonna be forced to spend another $200!!! UGGHHHH poor wallet.
You and I seem to get mods at the same time soooo maybe that means that by time you get your mrt
ill get my mgw haha
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

Jaybird you ***. Now I'm gonna be forced to spend another $200!!! UGGHHHH poor wallet.
You and I seem to get mods at the same time soooo maybe that means that by time you get your mrt
ill get my mgw haha
Hehe dude, you get all the expensive things though! I can't afford a midpipe like you, or... a freakin' MACH 1 like you.. hahaha. Lucky guy. Seriously though, this mod is well worth it, trust me. Makes driving alot more enjoyable and makes it easier to hot rod around town because of the fast, positive and firm shifts.

2000GT4.6., good news they do make the MGW for your TKO tranny, check it out : http://mgwltd.com/mustang_shifter.shtml And yes the swivel handle is very nice., no more reaching for third or fifth gear. Curious, what short throw shifter do you have now?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

congradulations mr. master technician, next up long tubes?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: geetee03

Hey man it may not be a big deal for you but I'm proud I did it. And nah I doubt I will ever get headers., not worth it for me. Most I'll do now is get a midpipe, and do some appearance and sound upgrades. I'm very happy with my car.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

wooo sonic blue Mustangs with MGW shifters!!! lol. its definitely a great mod. sounds like you had a rough install, but im sure its worth it in the end. mines noisier though...i dont think i got the inner dust boot from MGW. i guess i could always order one...but its not a huge deal.

and what is next on your list??
Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79

ORIGINAL: geetee03

Hey man it may not be a big deal for you but I'm proud I did it. And nah I doubt I will ever get headers., not worth it for me. Most I'll do now is get a midpipe, and do some appearance and sound upgrades. I'm very happy with my car.
lol just teasing. after i put on my mgw i also had a great sense of accomplishment!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

wooo sonic blue Mustangs with MGW shifters!!! lol. its definitely a great mod. sounds like you had a rough install, but im sure its worth it in the end. mines noisier though...i dont think i got the inner dust boot from MGW. i guess i could always order one...but its not a huge deal.

and what is next on your list??
It was definately worth it man, the install wasn't hard, it just took awhile because I wanted to make sure I did everything right. Oh and my next mod is the MRT catted H pipe. Time to open up that exhaust. I love my 'Packs but they definately sound a bit restricted because of the rest of the exhaust. Will probably get that within a month.

Quick Reply: MGW installed!!! finally... lol