4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

borla and magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:40 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Default RE: borla and magnaflow

ORIGINAL: devsredgt

your prob right...but rpm has them for the same price you payed so ill prob get mine from them even though ive heard 'stay away from rpm' as of late...i just cant pass up that price!

i forgot to mention that you also get 10% off and free shipping so i dont care what anybody says about them with that price.
You know...I've heard just about the same amount of good/bad stories about them. Just be careful, and follow up with them. It would suck to get screwed out of that much money.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:50 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GThopeful

your prob right...but rpm has them for the same price you payed so ill prob get mine from them even though ive heard 'stay away from rpm' as of late...i just cant pass up that price!

i forgot to mention that you also get 10% off and free shipping so i dont care what anybody says about them with that price.
You know...I've heard just about the same amount of good/bad stories about them. Just be careful, and follow up with them. It would suck to get screwed out of that much money.
FO SHO! ill def follow up after i order and install.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:55 AM
4.6BLKGT
2nd Gear Member

i don't know i ordered my x-pipe from rpm outlet and got it very quickly with no issues
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

ya i dont think ill run into any trouble. its just that people only post something about a site if something goes wrong with their order so you never hear about when someone accually has a good experience with them. i guess ill just have to keep my fingers cross.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: handyandy

Where is the LEAST expensive place I can find Borla exhaust?? I think I really like the Stingers a lot, and I want them if I can find them for a little less than what I've been seeing.

But I really also like Magnaflow, but I cant decide between the packs and the regular. All the clips I have heard the regulars sound deeper, but on the packs what is that BUZZ that I heard on the downscale on all these clips?? Its that high pitched ZZZZZ.
Example: (at :03 and at :10 in this clip) http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/soundclips.php?action=play&linkid=148&cati d=21&page=1 Is that just how it sounds or is that the engine?

These regulars sound more like a deep V8 to me, but people say the packs are deeper and louder.
http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums...=21&page=2

can someone give me some insight.
Ohh man those clips sound like **** and nothing like what it is in real life. I have no buzzing on my exhaust at all.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Pitt
2nd Gear Member

ya i dont think ill run into any trouble. its just that people only post something about a site if something goes wrong with their order so you never hear about when someone accually has a good experience with them. i guess ill just have to keep my fingers cross.
Coming from experience....do not order this online. Call them up and make sure they have the item in stock first, then make the order over the phone. I ordered it online and found out like 4 days later, after I called them that the item was out of stock. Had no problems getting the money back since they never really did charge me for the item, just made me waste my time. GL.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

I think I'm gonna go for some Packs, I just gotta go for it. I like that stainless and I'm gonna trust you guys on the sound. I haven't experienced straight through mufflers before, but I'm sure it'll help out my interior resonance problem. I'm gonna give completeexhaust.com a call like jpnelson and get the hook up. Thanks everyone.

BTW, anyone with them, has anyone done the install themselves?? (besides jpnelson, i know you got a shop to do it)
If so, tell me about it thanks.